How to get someones surname?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi

My advice is not to torture yourself about it, we rent flats in Belfast and many many times we have been stroked for similar amountsd and more.
Yes you can chase it and get all annoyed over it etc etc but very seldom do you ever get anywhere and you end up nearly getting to the stage where you would pay £50 not to have the worry & anxiety & sleepless nights.

Put it down to experience, you may even be lucky some day and have the smug satisfaction that she needs you again someday and you will be able to tell her to get lost.

I also rent out a flat. I hate people taking the pi*s and getting away without paying their way in life.
However, having taken people to court in the last year or so and still getting nothing other than extra fees I've had to pay for court/baliffs, etc, I am still worse off.
Although it still winds me up (I'm currently chasing British Gas for an £8 debt the last tenant left on the meter), sometimes for all the effort I wonder if I should take a deep breath, stand back & write it off to experience. File it in the "one day I hope to get revenge" folder.

Thanks all, im pretty sure she doesnt own the flat..

Age - late 30's maybe 40's but not much more than that.

My best bet it seems is to hope the other garage have taken down her surname... ill call them today.

Thanks

Jay

An anonymous call to the "Benefits Agency" claiming "you suspect"whatever ?Plus what ever grief you can think up, legitimate, of course, get your money back by way of perverse satisfaction.

?Plus what ever grief you can think up, legitimate, of course, get your money back by way of perverse satisfaction.

And by contacting other agencies that may not be aware, you are also taking the moral high ground. After all, they would drop you in it, and they are taking the system we all pay for, for a ride! Thats why it costs us so much.

these people get away with it, because others don't bother to report them.

once you get the surname, check out the HMRC site and report them thru that too. They may check the owner of the house and find they are not declaring tax on earnings, by having these types pay in cash.

Email the TV licensing people too. All are done without leaving your name or contact details.

have they go a sky dish up? let Sky know too.

who is to say they have not adjusted the leecy and gas meters too.

several emails later, and they are in a whole host of trouble.

But if they are not on the electoral role, they are breaking the law, so you are obliged to inform the council.

all that will take you an hour. then you can sit back and decide if you want to bother giving any more time to them or not.

once you get the surname, check out the HMRC site and report them thru that too. They may check the owner of the house and find they are not declaring tax on earnings, by having these types pay in cash.

Email the TV licensing people too. All are done without leaving your name or contact details.

have they go a sky dish up? let Sky know too.

who is to say they have not adjusted the leecy and gas meters too.

several emails later, and they are in a whole host of trouble.

But if they are not on the electoral role, they are breaking the law, so you are obliged to inform the council.

all that will take you an hour. then you can sit back and decide if you want to bother giving any more time to them or not.

Stalk them and start a twisted vendetta over £50??

Stalk them and start a twisted vendetta over £50??

hmmmmmm.

where actually is the suggestion of stalking?

And if you think whistle blowing is a twisted vendetta, well you are sadly mistaken!

blimey you guys are evil!!

The most ill do is go to the council and find out about electoral roll.. if not on it then ill definately report her for that... but the other stuff... not my style...

hope whatever you do, it costs very little and actually results in the payment anyway.

you never know, they may wake up and feel that they should pay for services received instead of living on handouts.

Some people know you probably wont spend any time chasing for this kind of amount, so they just don't pay.

The rest of us do pay!

hmmmmmm.

where actually is the suggestion of stalking?

And if you think whistle blowing is a twisted vendetta, well you are sadly mistaken!

Looking them up on the electoral roll/HMRC = stalking.

Vendetta = reporting them to TV licencing/taxman/council etc etc etc

Anyone who would consider doing the above clearly has mental health problems.

If anyone needs a check i have 2005 & 2008 Electoral Rolls.. let me know!

Jay

Did you put her first name (almost said Christian) along with full street address into www.192.com

Looking them up on the electoral roll/HMRC = stalking.

Vendetta = reporting them to TV licencing/taxman/council etc etc etc

Anyone who would consider doing the above clearly has mental health problems.

you seem to have issues. best sort them out with yourself before you make people think you are an idiot

I thought a Vendetta was a small scooter used by the Mods back in the 1960's.

This website had Moderators in the Sixties too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom