How To Get Windows 7 Back! Be Quick Only One Month

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hawkwind

Car
CLK 320
If anyone out there is not happy with Windows 10, I found a tutorial on how to get Windows 7 back.

Be quick, there is a one month deadline from the point at which it was installed.

I have not tried this yet, as the process takes 1-2 hours and of course you do this at your own risk!!

Link here to the tutorial :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOzfv6qszuo

Hope this helps some people out, if like me you don't want things to be forced on you.

As most upgrades from 7/8.1 to 10 will be OEM installations you can still do a factory reset back to your original OS at anytime(but losing your stored content)

I have now reverted back to windows7 using the method in the above link.

Everything seems to be fine :bannana::thumb:

I have disabled automatic updates, so this will not happen again :wallbash:

The eventuality is that all OS up to Win10 will stop being supported by MS at some point in the not too distant future. If you use internet banking, will you be prepared to risk using a system that is unsupported and possibly open to hacking?
Stick with 7 or 8.1 for now, but you'll be paying for Win 10 after July 26th.

As most upgrades from 7/8.1 to 10 will be OEM installations you can still do a factory reset back to your original OS at anytime(but losing your stored content)

I think you have 30 days to revert back. After this time, I understood your old software key would no longer activate.

Be interesting to see if someone did downgrade after a month and tried to reactive using their 7 or 8.x key.

The eventuality is that all OS up to Win10 will stop being supported by MS at some point in the not too distant future. If you use internet banking, will you be prepared to risk using a system that is unsupported and possibly open to hacking?
Stick with 7 or 8.1 for now, but you'll be paying for Win 10 after July 26th.

14/01/20 Windows 7 drops.

July 29th is the last day for free upgrades...

I thought Windows 7 was best until I used Windows 10.

I will definitely not be switching back to anything less than 10!

It's a freebie, 1st time in history MS have done this and a year from now you will wish you had accepted it. Win10 is actually very stable (work with 100s of PCs running at )

Use Google find & then download GWX CONTROL PANEL this allows you to stop Win 10 dead. It really works.

If you use older hardware - scanner/printer etc you may find there are no Win10 drivers available- and neither microsoft or the hardware manufacturer is going to write same for discontinued hardware models. More serious might be a problem with older win 7 laptop screen/display drivers meaning they will only function in low res safe mode. Check before you change would be my advice. Later laptops running Win8 are unlikely to be affected

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom