How to handle prank calls!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
I just tell them in a very stupid voice that "the Dr said I was not allowed to talk to anybody except the Nurse".

Normally you have to repeat it and when they reply again I just say "the medication makes me deaf and I can't hear you".

Sometimes when the religious types come by I tell them I am a practicing Roman Catholic and then invite them to my church. They don't like competition.

Very funny. Post 14 had me rolling ion the floor.

It's worth reading to the end 'cos he gets a real result... :D

I actually snorted coffee as I didn't take note of the warning myself! LOL!

I'm actually waiting by the phone now hoping some cold caller has a go!! :D

It's now 1pm and I'm back here after spending an hour reading the thread with my wife. Very, very funny.

Very funny but no company in their right mind would put up with that stupid c**p for so long. All seems a bit 'fabricated' to me....

Seriously, if you have BT Call Minder or equivalent, set your phone to zero rings, so that all calls go straight to the answering system. Check frequently for messages. Not a single phone spammer has deigned to leave a message for me in several years. If a caller can't be bothered to leave a message, their call can't have been very important.

Alternatively, "Sorry, but there's no telephone here" may work.

Or, to be more aggressive, "Give me your own home telephone number and I'll call you back".

I just use TrueCall... haven't had a single telemarketer since!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom