How To Keep Black Alloys Clean?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mpc

Car
2018 S205 C250 AMG LINE PREMIUM D AUTO
As per my avatar I have black polished alloys on my C250 S205 with diamond cut faces. I try to keep them as clean as possible washing with dedicated Gyeon cleaner & soft wash mit.

I find after just one small journey the shiny polished black of the alloy is dull with brake dust! Is this just a tough luck situation or is there a product that I can use to keep this from happening so soon after cleaning.

I am getting the car & alloys ceramic coated in 2 weeks. Should this help or is there something else I could also do?

Any advise appreciated.

D235582C-B9F1-4BA7-B5AC-CEAAA8D57ED6_1_201_a.jpeg

Low dust brake pads with some ceramic content .

Have the pads been changed up front from the factory originals ?

Fitting low dust ceramic pads next pad change should improve the amount of dust produced.

Fitting low dust ceramic pads next pad change should improve the amount of dust produced.

Except the original should be low dust with ceramic content .
Maybe it's had just an OE pad change .

Take em off, get them really clean inside and out and apply some coating or wax to all surfaces and refit. I wash mine once a week and then top up with some wheel armor after every wash

These, not black i know had done 30k miles when i recleaned and rewaxed them a couple of months ago.

I like the same beading on my wheels and muck and brake dust flies off.

Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour, the dust just washes off. I have just fitted Powerstop Carbon Ceramic pads all round to my S63 AMG Coupe. Early days so I can't really comment how good they are yet, but will post quite soon.
Lovely looking wheels you have.

Youll need a ceramic coating on those. Wheel waxes dont really keep wheels clean as such, just protect them from pitting. Carbon collective platinum wheels, Ceramic pro, etc those are the ones you want

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom