How to keep the lights in the footwell on all the time? (W212)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chavster

Car
Mercedes E350 W212
Does anyone know how to keep the lights in the footwell on all the time? Will appreciate any responses.

Does it have the Interior Light package code 876? Following is the product description:
The Interior Light package generates more illumination and enhanced visibility in the interior. Including indirect lighting of the footwells and the handle recesses in the doors, which makes it easier for passengers to get their bearings and also creates a pleasant lighting effect.

G

Do you mean during the day/when the headlights are off, too?

During the night, they are actually on all the time, they're just dimmed. Because they are tungsten bulbs, they go more orange to match the interior lighting/colour scheme of the car - kinda clever.

I realised this when I swapped them for LEDs. The LEDs are brighter and although I bought 'warm' LEDs, they maintain their colour regardless of how much power is fed to them. This means:

1) They are brighter when the car is moving instead of being very dim and
2) They don't match the colour anymore because the LEDs don't go more orange/warmer when dimmed

For me they were too bright and I could see my shoes the whole time on a dark motorway journey - felt weird and less 'luxurious'. But, changing them for LEDs might do the job you'd like.

Cheers,

Ed

They might get to hot and melt something.

Reactions: 219
In facelift you can change ambient color, I believe they are leds...
POLAR (blue)
SOLAR (orange?)
Neutral (white)

I don't know if there is control parameters in ECU to define when they are on, but individual footwell brightness there should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom