How to keep the man made leather from creasing/ getting damaged.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajay Bhatoa

Car
2020 C Class AMG Premium
Hey guys, my car has the half alcantara half 'leather' but it's starting to crease with me getting in and out and splitting a little bit. How can I stop this happening? Or try to stop it as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only way I know is to try to avoid it in the first place, and move the electric seat back as you get out so you don't crush the side sports bolsters (I'm assuming it's your side bolsters that are getting creased).

Then move it back to your driving position when you get back in. This only works if you are not using the maximum aft position already. Moving the steering wheel to the maximum fore position helps too. Some Mercedes have an easy exit and entry position for this and the steering moves in automatically when the door is opened.

An alternative is to exit the car as my orthopedic suggested, swing you legs around so you are still sitting on your seat still, rotating on your bum to plant your feet on the exterior ground, (sitting 90 degrees to the steering wheel) then get up. But is dependent on your bucket shape.

I'll try putting the seat all the way back when I get out. But it's the bottom side section that is getting creased. (The section where my bottom goes, closest to the door). The same thing happened to my BMW also with the man made leather. It's just an eyesore to look at when it totally gets worn out. I've heard people on here say they've have 100k miles from there car with no signs of wear and tear.

Prevention is better than cure.
Use a seat protector or a towel on the seat.
Never wear denim jeans or similar with studs etc.
Vacuum and wash your seats every week.
DONT use leather creams to protect or so called nourish the leather.
DO use a leather protector, ideally that is liquid based, akin to a milk solution.
LTT of Harrogate do a great product called Auto Ultra Protect.

Thanks for the information guys. Unfortunately the Artico has now split a lot worse! It's horrible to look at. Has anyone ever has the leather repaired? In Yorkshire ??

Finish Direct of Leeds.07932 737112.
They carry out work for all the major Leeds dealers including Bentley and Aston Martin etc.

Is the car still under Manufacturers Warranty. If so worth a shot

Yes it is, maybe I will give that a go as the car is with Mercedes for a week from March 1st.

It never really crossed my mind to try get that sorted under warranty. What should I say? It's worn out prematurely when it should be able to with stand 2 years of getting in and out of?

Should not wear to that extent in such a short time. My 63 plate C220CDi AMG Sport with Artico /Liverpool had done 46,000 miles in 2 years with no sign of any wear.

I believe there have been issues with the ' Artico/Alcantara' seat fabrics as used in the plus models and there is a thread on this site.

b06e9a5dc1385efe426d5ad7ac269c61.jpg
37f8f1437dfce4b9158bf344881155a2.jpg

This is how much it's cracked.. There is a few sections on that split where it's starting to peel off so I get in and out very carefully.

I'll mention it to the dealer. Hopefully they can replace it for me

Dealer has agreed to replace the seat cover due to this damage! Result [emoji3]

Ajay Bhatoa said:
Dealer has agreed to replace the seat cover due to this damage! Result [emoji3] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good, that does not look normal.

i have used garage seat covers for 12 years on my car since I bought it to protect my front leather seats.
covers are made of thick vinyl materials.
they are black so are my leatehr seats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom