How to launch an automatic ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Even the to on my old W140 won't turn off completely. Me and a mate were trying some burn outs and a couple of donuts in his works car park after some beers. It's a bit frustrating to be honest.

Rejoice in whatever accessories float your boat. It's a free country, petal ;)

Last edited:
Even the to on my old W140 won't turn off completely. Me and a mate were trying some burn outs and a couple of donuts in his works car park after some beers. It's a bit frustrating to be honest.

Is this all MBs?

If I hit the button to disable it, I get the little orange warning triangle in the instrument cluster. I can then spin the back wheels and slip and slide all over the place. :dk:

If I hit the button to disable it, I get the little orange warning triangle in the instrument cluster. I can then spin the back wheels and slip and slide all over the place. :dk:

I cannot. If I turn just ESP off then it lets you get a touch more aggressive but as soon as the rubber slips it kicks back in.

I cannot. If I turn just ESP off then it lets you get a touch more aggressive but as soon as the rubber slips it kicks back in.

Turning the ESP off is not the same as "dyno mode" which WILL turn the ESP off.

Russ

Is this all MBs?

I can do the same as you so not all MBs.

Not sure a W140 would have a dyno mode.

Gtr

The problem with a lot of these jap machines is 0-60 is it then it's game over. The GTR wasn't as fast as I suspected unless it's launched after 60mph it isn't all that fast from my experience I have to say.

You have made me laugh today mate,thanks . :D

On the rare occasion when the red mist comes down (a little), I just stand on the pedal and see what happens...

In my case no forward motion and a great loss of burning rubber! :eek:

Having spoken to someone with a 600BHP GT-R, who had an E55K in the past, he reckoned the GT-R would be quicker to 60 and then the E would reign it in.

I've yet to run up against one - but would enjoy a run in at Woodridge. I know last time a 600BHP one did a 184MPH whilst mine was 179MPH. GT-R will always get a better start with 4WD and launch - neither of which I have.

Clearly some assume because it has "FQ" in the name, it must be the quickest thing on the planet.

For a start, a standard GT-R would have it over and given my car is running 325BHP per ton and the FQ360 is running 261BHP per ton, it's clearly not me who "doesn't realise how fast some cars can be".

:D

I did 184 in my E63 against the two GT-R's at Woodbridge on that day and they aren't slow but clearly the weather was against us all as it was terrible! :bannana:

Yeah it was windy and rainy a lot wasn't it.

Great day though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom