how to make millions of the unemployed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nick mercedes

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Expedition
"A4e boss Emma Harrison paid herself £8.6m last year. Nothing unusual for a top banker perhaps. But her company is funded by the government to find jobs for unemployed people. And it's being investigated for fraud"

"Last Friday, it transpired, officers from Thames Valley police raided A4e's offices in Slough as part of a fraud inquiry: the Daily Mail reported allegations that the staff concerned had managed to place people in jobs that lasted only 24 hours, but still take payment-by-results money from the Department of Work and Pensions."

"If it is working directly with unemployed people, each time a jobseeker is referred to it, A4e receives an "attachment fee" of £400. If that person finds a job and manages to work, either continuously or in short-term chunks, for a total of 26 weeks, the company gets a "job outcome fee" of £1,200. From then on, if things go according to plan, A4e gets a monthly "sustainment fee", which can account for the bulk of the money it receives: the most A4e can expect to get for a successful case is around £13,000"

"Harrison – who is 48, and was given a CBE in 2010 – paid herself a dividend of £8.6m. The company says that, "as with other shareholders", the money "reflects the risk" she and they have taken during the 20-year lifespan of A4e. Coverage of the story was accompanied by descriptions of her luxurious home in rural Derbyshire: Thornbridge Hall, a grade II-listed mansion that includes a bar, nightclub, pool and 100 acres of land"

""I've taken the best of my home, the friends, the parties, the laughter, the creativity, and brought it all to Thornbridge. Now we live in utter luxury.""

Emma Harrison: nice work if you can get it | Politics | The Guardian

One of my clients does just that (not fraud, that is...).

As far as I can tell it is a legitimate business and the people working there are doing their utmost to train and then find suitable jobs for young unemployed people. They do this for financial motivation, obviously, but they also invest quite heavily in training facilities, good instructors, and computer software.

There are fraudsters everywhere, but from my limited experience with this particular industry the majority are honest people earning a living doing what the government contracted them to do.

It's not a surprise really is it.

If you can start a business that is funded by government it's a licence to print money, always has been always will be.

Armament manufacture is probably the pinnacle.

It's business, your customer is a government that pays with taxpayers money. If I could figure out a business to do this I most certainly would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom