how to make the Olympics more interesting?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WesLangdon

Banned
Car
300E
I would like to see the running events have interval wimmers so that the fastest over 100 metres gets an award but the race continues on to 400 metres with interval awards at 200 and at the end. This would save much time and replication. Could also be done for the 800m, 1500 and adding in the 3000 steeplechase as the last 1500m extension would make it more watchable. Out would go the hop skip and jump, super heavyweight boxing and Judo and I would turn the throwing events into a quadrathon, each thrower would need to master shot, discus, javelin and hammer.
I would scrap the marathon as being too boring and the longest distance would be 20k with interval winners at 5,000 and 10,000 metres.
Hockey would be women only, height restrictions for basket ball, no sailing, rowing or horsey events either

I would like to see the running events have interval wimmers so that the fastest over 100 metres gets an award but the race continues on to 400 metres with interval awards at 200 and at the end. This would save much time and replication. Could also be done for the 800m, 1500 and adding in the 3000 steeplechase as the last 1500m extension would make it more watchable. Out would go the hop skip and jump, super heavyweight boxing and Judo and I would turn the throwing events into a quadrathon, each thrower would need to master shot, discus, javelin and hammer.
I would scrap the marathon as being too boring and the longest distance would be 20k with interval winners at 5,000 and 10,000 metres.
Hockey would be women only, height restrictions for basket ball, no sailing, rowing or horsey events either

Great idea! By expanding the idea, we could have the whole thing over in a couple of days!

Include long jump and high jump during the running events. Judo wearing boxing gloves - think how challenging that would be! Swimmers racing the rowers. And of course, economise on costumes by having topless beachball :devil: Just sayin' :bannana:

And you could put a swimming pool in the middle of the track so that after the race, the runners can immediately take part in the swimming contest.

Another; put Ken Livingston & Boris Johnston in a boxing ring and let them slug it out to see who becomes the next mayor.

Last edited by a moderator:
No sailing nor rowing would seriously deplete team GB's medal haul.

How about that party game where you drink as much as you can then run around a broom shank twenty times....s.. It lets go the whole hog and bring back It's a Knockout with politicians and Royalty only representing their respective countries.

Prince Philip for shooting
David Cameron for dodgeball
President Sarcozy for the low jump
etc etc, get the drift

Last edited:
How about that party game where you drink as much as you can then run around a broom shank twenty times....s.. It lets go the whole hog and bring back It's a Knockout with politicians and Royalty only representing their respective countries.

Prince Philip for shooting
David Cameron for dodgeball
President Sarcozy for the low jump
etc etc, get the drift

It might be more fun to feed these particular gentlemen to the lions...bread and circuses

Q. How to make the Olympics more interesting.

A. Impossible. Its cant be done. In my opinion its a complete and utter waste of time, effort and money.

Q. How to make the Olympics more interesting.

A. Hold it in Afghanistan

I clicked a competition entry link with Lloyds TSB and won some Olympic tickets.

Tennis at Wimbledon! Not even a free entry to the Olympic park.
I wonder who the "amateur" tennisists will be?

I was offered four tickets for the football heats.

Oddly enough, I think I'm washing my hair that week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom