How to open a W245 key fob

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

B160 Petrol

Car
B160 Petrol automatic
I have an issue with my Mercedes B Class 2010 W245 key fob, the spare key works fine so I know it’s not the car.

I have changed the battery but this did not solve the issue, I can unlock and lock the car, if I try it a number of times it will work (20 or time) which is not ideal. I can turn the key but the key will not unlock the electric steering wheel and the lights on the dash will not come on.

I have been told to get a new key instead of repairing it (over the phone) at the cost of £150 plus VAT.

IF I need a new replacement I might as well get it open and try and find out what’s wrong, have anyone got any ideas on how to open the key, I have watched a number of YouTube videos and they all seem to be opening newer keys. I have not come across a way to open the W245 key, it’s a two button fully black plastic key like this one :

Mercedes Sprinter / Vito 2 Button Remote Smart Key Fob - Tested | eBay

If I need to replace it I might as well see if I can do something to fix it. It can’t get any worse.

thank you for looking at my post.

regards

Before you bugger it all up, scoot down to Timpsons and see what they can do. Think they charged about £35 to sort my fob.

Before you bugger it all up, scoot down to Timpsons and see what they can do. Think they charged about £35 to sort my fob.

thank you for the reply, went to Tompsons and they said that they can’t make a new or repair a Mercedes key.

thank you for the reply, went to Tompsons and they said that they can’t make a new or repair a Mercedes key.
Sorry about that. The one they fixed for me wasn't a Merc.

Sorry about that. The one they fixed for me wasn't a Merc.

No problem, I’ve read that the coil may have come unsoldered and all you would need to do it solder it back on. I can see to find a way of opening the key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom