How to output a third aireal from a sky box?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

Currently have sky in main tv and then the sky box has the rf2 output to a tv upstairs using a magic eye. This works a treat (same channel not multi room)

How can I output another aireal from the box?

Would I need a splitter and another magic eye or another method?

Thanks

We also split the output from the rf1 output, 1 to main tv & 1 to kitchen. Kitchen tv has an analogue channel tuned to the rf signal and can only watch what is on the main tv.

Run the rfout from the Sky box to the input socket on a 4 way booster then cables from the booster to the tv's including your main one. Whilst you can only watch whatever sky channel is chosen you can watch any digital/analogue channel you like on the various tv's

Run the rfout from the Sky box to the input socket on a 4 way booster then cables from the booster to the tv's including your main one. Whilst you can only watch whatever sky channel is chosen you can watch any digital/analogue channel you like on the various tv's

Have used this same system for years and it works very well. Cheap as chips to do as only cost is coax cable/ends and a splitter/booster.
The single feed also gives you freeview aerial input as well as the (analogue) sky signal which I found handy.

Went on to buy marmitek powermids (ir senders and a receiver) so that I could control Sky box from any of the other rooms with a standard Sky remote. Although still limited to only watching the one sky channel it's much more convenient being able to control that and change channels from whatever room I'm in without moving. :cool:

Make sure the booster/splitter has pass through for the Sky Eye. Many cheaper ones don't and can't support more than the one Sky Eye/ magic Eye. If they're listed as magic eye compatible they'll be fine.

Thanks all..

So what I have so far =

SKy +HD in Main room
Out put from this (RF2) goes upstairs to beroom.

If I add this...

F140 - 4 way DA - F100532 - Global Invacom - 4 way DA&sm=3

I then plug a lead from RF2 to the input of this box. Then plug the feed to upstairs in one of the 4 outputs.

Then the 'additiona' TV's I just get some cable and use output 2,3 or 4 and can fit a magic eye at the other end to control the HD box from that TV..

tvLINK® (black) & Sky+™ remote - F101248-REM3 - Global Invacom® (black) & Sky+™ remote&sm=3

And thats it ?

Thanks again

Thanks all..

So what I have so far =

SKy +HD in Main room
Out put from this (RF2) goes upstairs to beroom.

If I add this...

F140 - 4 way DA - F100532 - Global Invacom - 4 way DA&sm=3

I then plug a lead from RF2 to the input of this box. Then plug the feed to upstairs in one of the 4 outputs.

Then the 'additiona' TV's I just get some cable and use output 2,3 or 4 and can fit a magic eye at the other end to control the HD box from that TV..

tvLINK® (black) & Sky+™ remote - F101248-REM3 - Global Invacom® (black) & Sky+™ remote&sm=3

And thats it ?

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom