How to re-enable SBC in W211?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PrzemoF

Car
E200 Kompressor, SLK200 Kompressor
W211, SBC was working fine. The car is after SBC reset by an indy a few years ago. I borrowed DAS/Xentry to fix some problems with my another merc, but I decided to hook up the W211 as well. There were some errors (stupid me, I've no screenshots), but it was nothing serious - otherwise I'd remember. I did whatever DAS/Xentry recommended. I returned the DAS/Xentry to my friendly garage (thanks guys!). A few days later I realised SCB Hold is gone. Standard error message directing me to the manual appears instead. I was a good few months ago. If I remember correctly the errors were reported right after I got the car connected, not after the normal scan, but I can my wrong here.

I got the DAS/Xetry access again - how can I re-enable SBC Hold?

Edit: I found this:

is that all I need to do?

Last edited:
I got the area set to "rest of world", so it's not it. Looks like re-enabling SBD Hold might be a trip to the Developer mode - I'm not going to do it myself. unless I find step-by-step guide.7

Edit: The aux battery is dying (the car was parked for a while), so it might be all OK with the coding. I need to replace the battery first.

I have this exact issue pop up on the dash. I used brake hold a lot until it stopped working. Brake hold unavailable the dash reads.

Would icarsofti980 resolve this issue I wonder?

Is it a sign the aux battery is on its way out?

This is on our S211 e320 CDI.

hold disabled out of the blue is usually gear selector relatad problem. After messing with SDS it could be anything :)

You need to grab STAR again and see what code is showing.

My SCB Hold function has not been working for a number of years but I know STAR points to the gear selector as the issue. There is a fix where you can take apart the gear selector to clean up the contact points, this should enable the SBC Hold function again. If that does not work then consider a gear selector replacement.

Read here: SBC Hold unavailable | Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension

I have yet to find time to take the gear selector out but it’s on my things to do list.

I have this exact issue pop up on the dash. I used brake hold a lot until it stopped working. Brake hold unavailable the dash reads.

Would icarsofti980 resolve this issue I wonder?

Is it a sign the aux battery is on its way out?

This is on our S211 e320 CDI.
Do you get message "Convenience functions unavailable. Battery protection yaddayadda" once in a while after the car has not been used for a few days? I do..

Do you get message "Convenience functions unavailable. Battery protection yaddayadda" once in a while after the car has not been used for a few days? I do..

Im sure I did many months back. The message I get now is ( brake hold unavailable. Please see owners manual.

You need to grab STAR again and see what code is showing.

My SCB Hold function has not been working for a number of years but I know STAR points to the gear selector as the issue. There is a fix where you can take apart the gear selector to clean up the contact points, this should enable the SBC Hold function again. If that does not work then consider a gear selector replacement.

Read here: SBC Hold unavailable | Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension

I have yet to find time to take the gear selector out but it’s on my things to do list.
Hmmm... I saw 5B10 check control unit N15/5 (Electronic selector lever module control unit) error. We'll see after battery replacement it that's related.

Any idea if that's coded somehow or it's a straight swap from a donor car?

Hmmm... I saw 5B10 check control unit N15/5 (Electronic selector lever module control unit) error. We'll see after battery replacement it that's related.

Any idea if that's coded somehow or it's a straight swap from a donor car?
If you have access to STAR, copy the coding from your old unit to the used one.

How long have you been running on a reset SBC unit? How many miles have you covered?

Evening all.
I wondered if anyone had fixed this issue? I have the same 5B10 code, plus 4B10 and 4C10.
Doing some googling and found this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom