how to remove an A class front bumper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercedes-uk

Car
mercedes 2.5 cosworth manual
hi there guys, firstly i would like say im new to this forum i wish i found this forum earlier, as the titles says, i need to remove a front bumper from an A class w169 08 shape, and i need some advise on how to remove it, or perhaps a diagram of some sort will be fantastic, i would really appreciate any help thanks

regards

jay

A class front bumper removal

Hi Jay,
I recently did this job to replace the airconditioning condenser.
I would suggest making a little ve tool to pull the centre pins from the plastic clips that hold on the plastic wing liners.
Remove these and free the outside edges of the plastic liners.
Remove the bolts under the bottom of the front edge this can be done with the car resting normally.There are also more plastic clips along this edge.
Place a duvet or similar between the wheels under the front of the bumper so that it is protected when lowering
Either side of the bonnet catch are two 6mm bolts undo
Inside the wings on either side are two awkward fixings consisting of a location registering pin and a self tapping screw.If you lie on your back with your feet at the number plate end and your head looking up into the wheel arch you will see the clip probably covered in mud so a pressure wash would help.These two screws are awkward the first time to locate a screwdiver in the slot but undo with ease.
If you now push the bumper panel back by holding the wheel arch edge it will unlocate from the clip.Do both sides.
You should now be able to pull forward and drop down the bumper.
It is possible I have overlooked some bolts but they will be very obvious.
Should you wish to remove the a/c condenser I can go on.
All the best
Malcolm

I have the WIS guide. Post your email address up if you want me to send it to you.

Last edited:
Swapping front bumpers on a 168 is literally 5 minutes work.

4 bolts , two push studs and off it comes.

Thanks. I want to fit DRL and am not quite sure if I should try DIY or get someone to do it for me ... I wish I can get the bumpers done like on yours - not a big fan of those little chrome strips :)

Thanks. I want to fit DRL and am not quite sure if I should try DIY or get someone to do it for me ... I wish I can get the bumpers done like on yours - not a big fan of those little chrome strips :)

Pop a pre-facelift bumper on it then ;) ta-daaaaa !! no more chrome strips !

Could someone send me the instructions on how to remove the rear bumper on a w169.

Thank you

Hi, I am desperatly looking for these instructions as well (front and rear) because some of my radars fell off behind the bumpers :(

Thanks a lot, that's perfect. I'll go with the front bumper first.

If anyone have the same document for the rear panel, that would be very appreciated.

Dear NPUK
Do you still have the file available...would you be able to send it to me
thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom