How to remove / replace the MAF in a W203 - 2004 Petrol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Can any body please help by describing how you remove / replace the MAF in a 2004 W203. I do not want to break any clips.

Regards

Bruce

They Very rarely go wrong on a 271. What's wrong with it?

BlackC55 said:
They Very rarely go wrong on a 271. What's wrong with it?

Olly

We swapped them over to test a problem (c240 petrol to c55). Never swapped them back.

I have strange hard acceleration almost stalling then picks up in the c55.

So I thought I should swap them back.

Whoops. I thought it was a 271 engine. Ignore me.

Just unclip the top clip and then pull it upwards gently.

It could be. The 112 and 113 maf are different.

Olly

It was indeed the MAF swapped them back today and bingo. I did look at the part numbers. IIRC the C240 ends in 215 and the c55 218.

Thanks again for your help.

Thread revival.
I've searched online to not much avail, so can anyone guide me as to where the MAF and Throttle Body are on a C55? And how to access/ remove them for cleaning? I've had a slightly lumpy idle for a while; yesterday the revs dropped off whilst heading into a corner and it stalled on me (luckily at low speed). Having done a bit of digging around the internet, I think it may be the throttle body and MAF need a clean. Any pointers from folks who've done this would be great....

Thread revival.
I've searched online to not much avail, so can anyone guide me as to where the MAF and Throttle Body are on a C55? And how to access/ remove them for cleaning? I've had a slightly lumpy idle for a while; yesterday the revs dropped off whilst heading into a corner and it stalled on me (luckily at low speed). Having done a bit of digging around the internet, I think it may be the throttle body and MAF need a clean. Any pointers from folks who've done this would be great....

Surely just follow the intake hoses from the air cleaner boxes back to find the MAF etc?

Found the MAF but can’t seem to get the bugger out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom