How To Remove Tree Sap From A White Vito 115 Roof?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

Just got a Vito 115 and it's been parked for most of it's life under trees, so as you can imagine it's got a thick layer of sap and green moss stuff on the roof.

I've tried scrubbing but it's not budging it quick enough for my liking, so is there anything I can do or use to make the job a lot easier?

Thanks in advance....:thumb:

A light sanding followed by two coats of Farrow & Ball Lichen (19)

100019.jpg

Tardis (from Autosmart) is good for tree sap and tar.

Rinses well and will not leave the greasy residue that white spirit does

+1 for Tardis, but don't leave it on for too long. Once it's been washed off, give it a good clean and a coating of wax (you can even clay it prior to waxing if your feeling extra energetic!). You can also purchase it from eBay for a good price - this is where i bought mine from.

Tardis is great! All manner of uses.

About £20 for 5 litres, so compared to some big name products it is good value. However, cannot be used on your chips, so some may still prefer vinegar.....:D

also Holts do a great tar remover i have used it on tree sap and it wipes off no effort

I'm going with the vinegar first, if no joy, I'll look into buying one of the recommended products.

Thanks for all your input.

Have you tried your vinegar yet? I'd be interested in whether it worked.

Probably got a load of seagulls making a mess looking for the chips :D

The van's gone in for the gearbox reconditioned, so it'll be the weekend before I can report back now, I'm afraid.

That's a good excuse to put off cleaning the van - got any more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom