HOW TO: Remove Wing Mirror Surround + Glass W204, W212, W176 & W463

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
My latest video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for watching.

I have some carbon mirror covers on the way for my 204, so thanks for this

Another great and helpful vid. Always a pleasure to watch.Any idea if its very different for a 219 cls. I know you had one before. My indicator lens has a crack

Another great and helpful vid. Always a pleasure to watch.Any idea if its very different for a 219 cls. I know you had one before. My indicator lens has a crack

Thanks!

Yes, I made one 3 years ago (production quality is a bit iffy :) )

Are there more than 1 type/shape of W204 mirror? Maybe changed between facelifts? The aforementioned carbon mirror covers I ordered don't seem to fit, but are labelled as 204 covers

The 204 are the same pre and post facelift
20200110-134306.jpg
[/url]
Pre facelift

I also have a set of carbon mirror covers for 1

Early W204s had a different mirror design:

1641916418094.png

I have a 2008/58 C63, but my mirrors are not like the above image, they have the light strips in them, but seem to be slightly different than all the other FL mirrors. Wondering if maybe they are aftermarket.

Heres a pic of the covers I have, compared to what is currently on the car. You can see my "originals" dont have the bar at the bottom, and are not flat on the edge adjacent to the body. Confused...

Attachments

• IMG_20220103_124655_1.jpg
    IMG_20220103_124655_1.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 5
I'm not sure what they are off
Confusing

Mine also appear to be the same as in this video, but without the big indicator lense - so 2 piece and requiring undoing of 3 internal screws, not just pulling up hard like most of the DIYs show

My confusion deepens - I bought a facelift mirror from eBay, and whilst the carbon covers now fit, the facelift mirror base is slightly bigger than the pre-facelift base, so now I can't fit the facelift mirrors to the car!? Am I missing something here, there seems to be plenty of examples of people who have done this update on their cars with no issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom