How to repair a Scratch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C250BLUE

Car
mb
IeoBQB5.jpg
Hi,

I had another driver clip my car yesterday :mad: who then tried driving away, but I did eventually catch up with him and exchanged detailed. Because there is only cosmetic damage to the corner of the rear bumper, we have both decided not to go through Insurance and the other driver has agreed to cover cost.

Any recommendation as to the best method of repair and how much it's likely to cost,
I was thinking calling a mobile repair service like 'chips away' or can I repair it myself?
Only had the car about a month.:wallbash:
car damage.jpg
IeoBQB5.jpg

IeoBQB5.jpg

Last edited:
Take it to a body shop and have it repaired properly.

I’d also report the incident to the police to cover yourself.

If he attempted to drive off I doubt he will be forthcoming when it comes to paying the repair bill.

he won't pay. No witnesses.
get a deposit off him to see if he's genuine.

That's not a 50 quid fix.
Similar happened to me when someone reversed into my bike and knocked it over. Didn't look too bad so I agreed not to take it to insurance and price up fixing it myself and he would pick up the bill.
So DIY would cost £900 and he couldn't stomach that. Went through his insurance at £2400.
Remember, you don't really need to do him any favours so get a price for top class repair. If he doen't like it kick it back to insurers. Meantime check askmid.co.uk to make sure he has insurance.

I've been quoted £280 from chips away, but will take it to a bodywork shop tomorrow to get a quote from there also. I video recorded my conversation with the driver who admitted on camera he didn't hear hitting my car because he had headphones on :eek:. I also got a photo of his driving license, the car is also insured according to askmid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom