How to replace dash trim......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
R2D2 said:
I have had loads of pm's about my wooden trim. My original intention was to keep it all just in case. I hadn't realised that the whole set ie. heater surround, ashtray, electric window switch surround and cubby hole lid cost so much. At this stage i think I would like to either sell it all or keep it all, because if I sell just the gate which is obviously a perfect match then I'd never be able to match it properly again. I have no problem with keeping boxed in my garage but I might be tempted...............

Yes, I don't blame you

fido said:
R2D2 said:
I've been thinking of this mod for ages and can't think of anyone else whose done it before. So here goes How to replace Classic Zebrano Wood trim with Sport Carbon Trim.

What an exellent "how to", supported with great pictures.This is the sort of thing that makes this site the tops. Well done mate, keep up the good work.
(get a W210 next and start modding that ;) )

Thanks for your encouragement! This mod may continue further;)

I was thinking about this last year as I have the same interior but was not sure how the 'all grey' interior would look. I got prices from the stealers for the parts and was about £250 without the door trims With door trims was over £400!!!!

Great pictures... any chance of a few more?

R2D2 great mod. Makes mine look like an "old mans car" :D

hbhudia said:
I was thinking about this last year as I have the same interior but was not sure how the 'all grey' interior would look. I got prices from the stealers for the parts and was about £250 without the door trims With door trims was over £400!!!!

Great pictures... any chance of a few more?

What would you like pictures of and I'll see what I can do!

R2D2 said:
What would you like pictures of and I'll see what I can do!

Maybe a few closeups of the dash and full picture of the centre dash and the gear/ashtray.

I know you have already taken these, but as you said in your earlier post, the pictures dont fully compliment the mod.

BTW, does anyone know where I could get the carbon trims froms cheaper than the stealers?

hbhudia said:
Maybe a few closeups of the dash and full picture of the centre dash and the gear/ashtray.

I know you have already taken these, but as you said in your earlier post, the pictures dont fully compliment the mod.

As requested photos of the parts. I've taken some with flash and some without in order to try to show the finish properly but the surface is so reflective that its not easy!

No4

No7

No9

No13

Shows the correct gate trim which I collected and fitted today to finish this stage of the project.

I have ordered some extra trim parts for the next stage of the job, more news hopefully tomorrow ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom