How to replace rear tail strut w211 estate? SGS any good btw?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cellarmerc

Car
W211 E320cdi est. Elegance 2005
Hi, my 2005 W211 LHD tail struts have failed as the hatch falls closed . How does one get at the strut to change it without damaged the interior of the boot area as I have no idea but imagine its the head cloth area.
I also rang Mercedes to price them but they are very expensive 98euro per strut, GSF & Eurocarparts don´t sell them but SGS in Derby make them at 12.99pounds which is reasonable. Are their struts good enough as the tail is heavy .

Any assistance would be appreciated .
Thks Tony

Last edited:
Yes, the headlining has to be dropped to gain access to the forward strut mounts. Sorry, I can't comment on SGS' struts, but if they're specified by them as being right for the car, there's no reason that they wouldn't work.

Any links to how best to remove headcloth and access the strut if anyone has them , photos, diagram etc , thks

I would like the part number if someone can give me it as SGS wanted it before ordering and I cant see it yet but wanted to order the struts now !

Last edited:
Yes, the headlining has to be dropped to gain access to the forward strut mounts. Sorry, I can't comment on SGS' struts, but if they're specified by them as being right for the car, there's no reason that they wouldn't work.
On my wife's CLK SGS struts were original equipment so they should be just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom