How to replace the ecu fan on vito

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bismarck

Car
1969 280s
Has anyone ever had to replace the ecu fan on a 115 vito.The fan light comes on on the dash now and again and when i take the lid off fuse box i cant hear it running.Is this a too big a job for a novice.All advice welcome:confused:

Hi, If you're talking about the cooling fan inside the fuse box, then I'm trying to stop mine running. It goes almost constantly and is flattening the battery.
I've pulled out all the 5 to 15 amp fuses one by one to attempt to disable it, to no avail.

Any news on this?? My light just came on!! Should I stop using the van untill I find the fault !???

ecu fan

I just replaced battery and the ecu light came never came on again i was told this is a common problem.:thumb:

ok so same thing in my 2004 van, flattening battery, managed to find and unplug the fan. unscrew fuseboard lift it up and on the vertical piece on left side below you will see red and brown wires twisted round each other into a plug, pull that its the power to the fan. now i'm just worried about the ecu overheating when we get into summer. i assume there is some kind of relay or temp guage that is at fault? if anyone knows where that is and if its poss to change that would be great, other wise its a risk of overheating/blowing up the ecu and i assume ecu replacement = expensive

Mine stopped working on my 639 & was like it for about 6 months till I got sick of seeing the warning light, from what I remember it was a bit of a faff to change but nothing major I assume there is a heat sensor in the fusebox but don't know where

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom