How to search for a used car with driving assistance pack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk208

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS
Sounds like a dumb question.

I’m thinking of purchasing a used W213 estate, or possibly a W205 estate in the future and would really like one with the driving assistance plus pack.

Searching on autotrader if you search for driving assistance or even the words individually you get completely random results with most of the several hundred results clearly not having the pack. Similarly on the Mb used website there doesn’t seem to be any way of searching for this other than looking at the picture to see if there is that row of switches or reading through the long text of the ads.

Probably no effective way of doing this but just thought I’d see if anyone has any ideas?

Hard work is your only option.

VRM to VIN, then MB VIN Decoder....

Time-consuming, yes, but there's a reward at the end ;)

Look for the glossy flat Mercedes star badge in the centre of the front grill. That's the main sensor for the distronic system I think.

47122452582_4370aa662d_h.jpg

I had the same issue as you when searching for our new car.

I searched using keyword 'Burmeister' as I wanted a Premium Plus spec then just looked at the pictures for the sensor. Keyword 'distronic' sometimes works but not always.

Or look for the extra " + & - " control on the end of the cruise control stalk. Similar to below.

32642258077_0cac8300bf_b.jpg

Distronic is the keyword to use .

Visually it has camera segments on the left and right of the rearview mirror if you inspect photos looking in.

The front grille Mercedes badge is solid and the 3 point star is printed on. As opposed to a 3D chrome star and you can see grille mesh behind the round logo . (former has a radar here)

It doesn't have a coin/parking ticket holder that acts as a blank below the rotary light switch. It has a bank of buttons one of which is a steering wheel icon .

I'm not sure about the plus minus on the stalk as it might be used to also control the up and down for the standard speed limiter.

The facelift 2018 W205 facelift doesn't use Distronic stalk control and is in the right button set in the steering wheel.

I'm not sure about the plus minus on the stalk as it might be used to also control the up and down for the standard speed limiter.

The 2018 W205 facelift doesn't use Distronic stalk control and is in the right button set in the steering wheel.

Not sure what age you're looking at, but on the W205 2018 facelift the Distronic is more advanced than the pre-facelift.

It has longer radar range and can adapt to the road using sat nav data and read speed limit road signs to decrease, or increase speed automatically. It can also change lane automatically by tapping the indicator stalk.

I 'think' this is all standard with the W213 being a newer design .

Not sure what age you're looking at, but on the W205 2018 facelift the Distronic is more advanced than the pre-facelift.

It has longer radar range and can adapt to the road using sat nav data and read speed limit road signs to decrease, or increase speed automatically. It can also change lane automatically by tapping the indicator stalk.

I 'think' this is all standard with the W213 being a newer design .
My pre-update E350e (Mar 18) reads the speed limit and road signs and will change lane - the June 2018 update uses the sat nav to slow the car approaching roundabouts and slip roads - the major improvement is the loss of the stalk and controls on the steering wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom