How to set time and date?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seanhale

Car
2004 E270 CDi Avantgarde Estate
hi

I've been reading on this for about a week now in various forums and still can't fathom why I can't set the time and date.

Car is 2004 (53 plate) e270 cdi, auto, estate, aps 50 head unit.

My battery ran flat recently and a number of things didn't work after jump starting. I managed to clear most of the issues after disconnecting the battery for about 30 mins. But I still have this one issue outstanding with the time and date setting.

If I turn on the ignition to position 2 or start the car, there is no menu option in my cluster for setting the date and time. I've seen this menu option on youtube videos but mine is missing.

On the headunit which is an aps 50, i go into SERV, System, then I can see a 'Time' option. But the soft key doesn't do anything when pressed, the screen stays showing the menu options.

This option on the head unit did work before the battery went flat but it just does nothing now and i am unable to set the time which is around 20 minutes behind.

The GPS/Nav has never worked but the time setting did. Nav just shows 'off map' and the lat and long readings are 0.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

thanks for your reply, but as detailed in my post pressing the Time softkey doesn't do anything. It used to before the battery ran flat though?

Regards

Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom