How to set up current road speed limit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnem51

Car
MB E220 Bluetec 2015
I have a 2015 E220 Bluetec and wonder if it is possible to get the Sat Nav to display the current road speed limit.
I have not been able to find it in the available menus, but perhaps it is set via a different route.
Any thoughts or advise please.

I think he just wants the speed limit for the road he is on displayed in the sat nav? Not the car to be limited?

Neil

I did not realise some sat navs have extra options that need to be paid for? and that he was just asking where the settings were.
I assumed he meant the speed limiter which on mine is an add-on, and is incorporated into a stalk, and has nothing to do with the satnav.

Neil

I asked this question a week or so ago in antcipation of my newly ordered W205. The Garmin displays current speed limits (where known) but I guess you have the Comand on the E class so it may be different?

I assumed he meant the speed limiter which on mine is an add-on, and is incorporated into a stalk, and has nothing to do with the satnav.

OK, I have to say I find it very difficult to interpret your earlier post that way (rather the exact opposite) but it must be just me.

Hopefully the OP got the right answer, all that matters anyway.

Sorry, I seem to caused myself more confusion. On my old standalone sat nav it would display the current road speed limit, albeit not always up to date where the speed limits had been recently changed.
I had hoped that the vastly more sophisticated system fitted to the E220 would also be able to be set to display the current speed limit for the stretch of road that the car is on.
Having read that there might be the possibility of creating POI on an SD card, is there a simple setting that I have missed that would switch this indication function on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom