How to squeal on a non UK licence holder ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Subyland said:
Just coming back on something discussed ealrier in the topic, you can get insurance in the UK with a EU licence. You just need to tell the insurance company when establishing the policy.

Makes no difference to cost either from what I have seen. Which in fairness I thought it would for obvious resons - having passed a test and being used to driving "on the other side" has to slightly higher risk surely - considering some insureres go down to teh colour of your car!

grasmere said:
I've emailed DVLA for their 'advice' - will keep posted.

BTW I left some detail out of the original post for brevity - all the detail is a fact and she has been queried and suggested to in person to no avail. The woman is the recently divorced (apparently vindictive unquote) wife of a close friend to my brother and its the start of pay back time!

Petty? - one might think so but the real point is the validity etc etc of insurance - and if it IS invalid etc then its needs sorting.

Whats interesing re this thread is that no-one really knows re legality and validity etc and yet we probably thought we did ;)

Pammy - aaah Menwith Hill :rolleyes: My wife Sue just read in the HA re that they dont pay Council Tax - so you and I susidise them and I didnt realize that !:mad:

I'm sorry but until this post it could have been seen as you being the "caring citizen" but now it's just looking like a petty vendetta.

Before you leap to your own defence please tell us how many times in the last 12 years whilst they were still married did you report her?

My guess is non even though her partner must have known about it.

if this petty spiteful course of action fails perhaps you could report her for steeling from the sweet shop when she was a kid, dropping litter or even jay walking - at this rate yoiu could have her deported within the next 15 years.

You should all move on and get yourselves lives rather than trying to stuff up other peoples

Andy

andy_k said:
You should all move on and get yourselves lives rather than trying to stuff up other peoples

BUT she is still driving "ILLEGALLY" nonetheless and is breaking the Law...:rolleyes:

She deserves to have the book thrown at her for this reason regardless. What if she crashed into your car and any subquent claim was to be invalidated/delayed because of her circumstances...?

hear·say (hîr'sā')
n.
1, Unverified information heard or received from another; rumor.
2, Law. Evidence based on the reports of others rather than the personal knowledge of a witness and therefore generally not admissible as testimony.

Flash said:
BUT she is still driving "ILLEGALLY" nonetheless and is breaking the Law...:rolleyes:

She deserves to have the book thrown at her for this reason regardless. What if she crashed into your car and any subquent claim was to be invalidated/delayed because of her circumstances...?

There are hundreds if not thousands driving without a license, take a look in the local paper at the days court cases, mostly driving offenses, no tax, no MOT, no license and driving while disquallified are the usuall offenses. Most of the time the punishement is a mild slap on the wrist. Then we should all ask ourselves the question, if the person with no license was our brother, sister or other member of the familly, would you report it?

andy_k said:
hear·say (hîr'sā')
n.
1, Unverified information heard or received from another; rumor.
2, Law. Evidence based on the reports of others rather than the personal knowledge of a witness and therefore generally not admissible as testimony.

Her husband/ex "knows" for fact she is driving illegally!!! We could argue for ages on this but to cut the story short I would not be happy if I was to be involved in a non fault accident by a person whose insurance was to be invalidated becasue of the Foriegn license issue and my claim was to subsequently be voided/delayed as a result of this...

But again the Judicial Sytem is a big joke

Geoff2 said:
There are hundreds if not thousands driving without a license, take a look in the local paper at the days court cases, mostly driving offenses, no tax, no MOT, no license and driving while disquallified are the usuall offenses. Most of the time the punishement is a mild slap on the wrist. Then we should all ask ourselves the question, if the person with no license was our brother, sister or other member of the familly, would you report it?

Exactly, these "scum" need to be taken off the road who have no insurance and valid licenses. Personally, I would not let any of my loved ones/people I care about the most drive around uninsured or without a valid license and I am glad to say that none of these people in my life are that silly/stupid to be doing so.

However, I agree very much with your point that they get off lightly

Phew - well thanks guys for a very active thread - interesting opinions all round. ;)

Whats most interesting is that the majority - it would seem - would prefer to 'mind their own business' and therefore knowingly 'turn a blind eye' and continue to allow yet another illegal driver on the road.

I agree that the 'mind their own business' element is to do with the personal relationship and I wouldn't disagree with this at all - however the meat of the question was to do with the 'turning a blind eye' element and the fact that the driver does not hold a valid UK driving licence (for whatever reason) with the query about valid insurance.

No need to respond to this anymore thanks but I will look forward to contributing to future threads raised in query to problems with invalid drivers :D - lets hope its not one of us with the problem ;)

Just being in the UK does not mean that one is resident here. It is also quite normal for a foreigner in the UK to have insurance with their foreign license.

I find your reaction typically British. Get a life....................

Being a foreigner myself, I find 'the British' to very well balanced and courteous folk. They make orderly queus and are mainly law abiding when someone is looking.

They have one strange trait though (I am generalising here, so not all British people are like this). They do not like other people to be successfull. So much so that they seem to be absorbed by what other people are up to, instead of having the 'live and let live' attitude.

Some examples are:

The inland revenue 'squeal' telephone lines are heavily used here. As far as I am aware, they are a complete flop in most other countries.

Local council building control services have a record amount of 'squeal' calls here. Hardly known in other countries.

etc. etc.

Coming from a different culture it can seem a bit strange that people just want to annoy other people for the sake of it.

Cheers

jgevers said:
Being a foreigner myself, I find 'the British' to very well balanced and courteous folk. They make orderly queus and are mainly law abiding when someone is looking.

They have one strange trait though (I am generalising here, so not all British people are like this). They do not like other people to be successfull. So much so that they seem to be absorbed by what other people are up to, instead of having the 'live and let live' attitude.

Some examples are:

The inland revenue 'squeal' telephone lines are heavily used here. As far as I am aware, they are a complete flop in most other countries.

Local council building control services have a record amount of 'squeal' calls here. Hardly known in other countries.

etc. etc.

Coming from a different culture it can seem a bit strange that people just want to annoy other people for the sake of it.

Cheers

So which Utopian society do you hail from, then?

They do not like other people to be successfull...thats what we all strive for, isn't it?
Coming from a different culture it can seem a bit strange that people just want to annoy other people for the sake of it. ..... ..... ..... ... Petard!!

Flash said:
But again the Judicial Sytem is a big joke

you're not wrong there flash !!.................its one of the very few things i think we could actually learn from the americans;)

Ian C said:
So which Utopian society do you hail from, then?

They do not like other people to be successfull...thats what we all strive for, isn't it?
Coming from a different culture it can seem a bit strange that people just want to annoy other people for the sake of it. ..... ..... ..... ... Petard!!

Utopia, I wish I could find it.............

South Africa and Holland. Much worse than Britain in other things than I mentioned previously.

Cheers

Flash said:
Her husband/ex "knows" for fact she is driving illegally!!!

no arguing there just the same as he knew when they were married and did sod all about it but now they are divorced he suddenly becomes "Mr law abiding citizen".

I agree it's wrong but that's not really the issue here no matter how it's dressed up.

If anyone involved in this little vendetta gave a stuff about the law then they would have reported her years ago.

I stand by my "get a life" comment from earlier :)

Andy

husband should have made her get uk licence straight away,, so is there any way to charge him for aiding & abetting ,:devil: :D

if i found out someone did'nt have a valid licence i'd squeal on them,, no qualm's, :devil:

COUPE FREAK said:
husband should have made her get uk licence straight away,, so is there any way to charge him for aiding & abetting ,:devil: :D

if i found out someone did'nt have a valid licence i'd squeal on them,, no qualm's, :devil:

So would I!!
For me, the consequences of not doing would be unconscionable. If anything happened to somebody I'd be on a guilt trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom