How to tell if it's been remapped?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cooper7

Car
W204 C63 Estate
Hi all,

So I bought my C63 from a trader who had been running the car himself for around a year before selling it on to me.
Shortly after buying my C63, looking through the service history I found that the car had BMC filters fitted, I checked and this was the case, bonus for me as it saves me fitting them.

Then at the weekend while fitting some rear spacers (cause I've always hated the way the wheels are tucked in to the arches), I had a look underneath the car to find that the secondary cats have been removed and replaced with Milltek Bypass Pipes. I had never thought the car was particularly loud so just assumed that it was running the standard exhaust, but another bonus for me.

Anyway, I'm the fourth owner of the car and had been thinking about getting the car remapped but now I'm thinking it may have already been done by one of the previous owners, is there anyway I can find out without putting it on a dyno? I assume it'll be a Eurocharged map as that seems to be the way to go with these, would I be able to contact them and give the chassis number so that they can tell me it's already been done?

Other C63's I drove before I bought mine were non-PPP cars so I put the difference in pace down to the increase in power from factory but now I'm thinking it may have been enhanced further.

Any help appreciated :thumb:

That puts you in a difficult position, insurance-wise....

Where's a code monkey when you need one?

That puts you in a difficult position, insurance-wise....

Where's a code monkey when you need one?

Insurer has been informed about the modifications I am aware of, but I obviously only know what I know so haven't told them if it's mapped as I don't know myself.

I was also unsure if my latest PPP was mapped by the previous onwer as it was running quicker vbox figures than my previous mapped PPP. Got it on a reliable dyno and it made 500bhp. Was it mapped or wasn't it???

I called around the usual tuning outlets and nobody had it on the database. Even Eurocharged didn't have the car logged. Conclusion was that the car is strong from the factory.

I went with a Eurocharged V5 map soon after and part of the process is to send the existing ecu file for modification. They confirmed the car was OEM and the new map did indeed make a difference. Circa 520 on the next dyno run.

Some PPP cars do run strong figures out of the box.

What year is your car?

My car's was registered in April 2012

My suggestion would be to either:
Get MB to do a software update. That will wipe any map. Risk is you'll lose the unknown map, if there is one and have to buy a new one if you want it.

Or, get it dyno'd. This will tell you what it's pulling. Make sure it's a respectable dyno outfit though.

Or, get Eurocharged to map it. They'll check the file before modification so you'll know if it's OEM or not. If it is OEM you'll get a nice upgrade.

What colour is your car?

Get a mapping company to read the file and have a look to see if it has ben modified.

My suggestion would be to either:
Get MB to do a software update. That will wipe any map. Risk is you'll lose the unknown map, if there is one and have to buy a new one if you want it.

Or, get it dyno'd. This will tell you what it's pulling. Make sure it's a respectable dyno outfit though.

Or, get Eurocharged to map it. They'll check the file before modification so you'll know if it's OEM or not. If it is OEM you'll get a nice upgrade.

What colour is your car?

Yeah, I think I will contact Eurocharged and see if they have any record of it and if not I will take it to a local RR, I know the guy and the figures I've had from previous cars have always been where I would have expected them to be for standard cars and then increased to where they should be with modifications added so I think it's reliable.

My car's Obsidian Black with the Porcelain/Black two tone interior

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom