how to tell what version is installed and running, without removing DVD!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rascalmaster

MB Enthusiast
Car
Brabus D5 (E280 CDI) Avantgarde, E280 CDI Sport Estate, E320 Avantgarde now sold
Hi all.

bit tongue in cheek... but can any learned souls tell me if there is any way to tell what version maps are installed and running in the Comand, without actually ejecting and checking the DVD? :D
can one check the version through the command menu etc?
Apparently it is running APS DVD Europe 2011/2012 (V12.0) for E280 CDI (W211 facelift)... but I can't see this info showing up anywhere on the command screen...?...

thanks in advance!

my cousin can't eject his dvd from his drive in the boot.

the guy he bought it from has told him it has the latest maps?!?

i think he's coming around this weekend; will go at it with a hammer an crowbar!:D

i went with him to close the deal; seemed a nice car... we never thought to try the nav box...
the guy he bought it from apparently sounded surprised and said it had the latest maps in so he knew the eject worked...
maybe my cus is doing something silly... not pressing the right button etc...

just realised this requires 'no cd in drive'... presume this means no dvd in nav drive... well his is stuck in the drive... :(

:wallbash:

way too early; see what you mean now :eek:

Try reading it again.

i tried in my car and got into the menus... did come across some techie stuff- not sure what refers to the map DVD version... i have the older maps; might wait till i see him and then compare our read outs to see if there's anything that indicates a higher maps version for him...
:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom