How to turn off the automatic side-view mirror fold-in on a W203?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XYZUnreal

Car
Mercedes Benz W203
So, I've heard this question a lot and checked other forums regarding this, but I can't find the right answer for me.

I currently own a Mercedes Benz W203 and have been experiencing some issues with the automatic side-view mirror fold-in. As some might know, the automatic fold-in becomes a problem after some time, since it starts chomping through the wires and stuff.

So, can anyone tell me how to turn off the auto-folding option? I'm not sure if the only way to do this is through programming/modding the vehicle itself. I just need to know if there is a way.

Thanks!

If the function isn't listed in the Convenience sub-menu, it would need to be coded out using STAR.

If the function isn't listed in the Convenience sub-menu, it would need to be coded out using STAR.
I've heard of STAR but I am yet to know what it is exactly. Is it a computer program of is it a device that uses a certain software to mod the vehicle?

STAR is Mercedes-Benz diagnosis system, every dealership and the better MB independents will have it.

Quoting something I found on t'internet from back in 2015, posted on another MB forum by someone called MissyD (sounds familiar 🤔🙂)

"Just done it on mine, as Colin/Peter said its through settings, convenience, disable/enable folding mirror, simples"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom