how to use dual monitor please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grasmere

Car
MB C220 D 1996
Help please :crazy:

I have setup my ATI card to use dual monitors ie my 19"DVI flat screen and a 17" CRT.

So far so good - but how do I actually use the second CRT monitor to show anything :rolleyes: :crazy:

I have looked in the help files and all over but the assumption from the instructions seems to be 'there you are - enjoy ' :confused:

I presume your graphics card has twin DVI outs? I have an nVidia setup, the software sometimes conflicts with Windows but you need to set it up so that you have a horizontal span or dualview and assign a monitor to a connection - I haven't tried using two different methods of connection, VGA, (analogue) one DVI (digital ) for example.

right hand click on your desktop

go to properties

click on the settings tab

click on monitor number 2 ( this will show you if its possile as number 2 doesnt appear unless you can do it)

and then you want to check the box extend my windows desktop onto this monitor

no stats, its a dvi and normal crt output.

Setting up the card in display settings for dual monitor was no problem. It was a recent article in a pc mag which basically showed how to do it but thats as far as it went and windows help is no better/ My normal flat screen still is as normal and the second CRT monitor shows a windows screen but thats where I'm stuck as to what to do next . . . :(

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YESSSSSSS :D :D :D

thanks fuzzer

I still couldnt see what to do but then dragged a small window across to the right and it started to appear on the second monitor

thanks guys - now then - what can I do with my new setup ;)

grasmere said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YESSSSSSS :D :D :D

thanks fuzzer

I still couldnt see what to do but then dragged a small window across to the right and it started to appear on the second monitor

thanks guys - now then - what can I do with my new setup ;)

its brilliant :) in each of my offices , ive got this setup.

really is wonderful :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom