How to use the emergency key S205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ioweddie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AMG Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
I know this is a daft question, but on reading another owner can't gain access to their car, I thought I'd try the emergency key. Well I read the manual and searched on line but can't find the required answers. I have tried to put the key in the little slot in the handle but it will not go in, its at quite a steep angle to the body, not 90 degrees as expected, I've tried all ways to no avail, can anyone shed any light for me. The car is a C220d AMG Sport Line Premier Plus Estate 2016 (S205) With keyless entry and push button start. :wallbash:
Thanks

I've got a w205 coupe. I haven't tried to use the emergency key but I think you use the slot to prise the cover off and then use the key hole that's under the cover. The start button just pull's off and the key fits in the hole. Again I haven't tried it because I don't want to risk any damage to my paint ect.

I'm just trying to enter the locked car from the outside with the little key that detaches from the remote. This is to replicate the scenario of being stranded somewhere if the remote fails to work and the other remote is at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom