how to wash a microfibre towel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Luton Town

Car
A45 and loving it.
Sorry if it sounds stupid but should you wash them on a hot wash with a non bio and no fabric softener or a warm-cool wash?cheers.

ha ha ,saw a video saying it should be warm and a lot on google saying it should be hot.I have just ordered a lot of stuff from elite detailing and just wanted to do it correctly.

I've just started using this after many years of using a non-bio, conditioner free liquid detergent.
Massively better at removing wax and general cleaning grime. Cloths come out remarkably soft too! Wash at 40c
It's also very concentrated and works out cheaper!

Whatever you do, do NOT use household detergents or fabric softeners.....at least, that is what I was told. I have been using proprietary clear for a long while now. It is concentrated so a cap full per wash is enough and seems to work fine.

I use it on all my car cloths/sponges/applicators.

Chemical Guys - Microfibre WASH+ - Clean Your Car

EDIT: Just looked at the link in the previous thread. Different make, same idea so take your pick.

use non bio and never ever any conditioner. Decent quality ones have wash labels which usually rate them at 40 or 60 degrees c.

I chuck all non labelled ones in on 60 which shifts the residues and having used most of them for years, they seem to survive ok.

I used to buy cheap ones, but then bought a really thick one from ECP for about 8 quid, I'll never touch a cheap one again.

I do just chuck it in the wash, along with my microfibre mitt, etc. all come out perfect. I don't know if we use conditioner or not, you'd have to ask her.

Never use fabric conditioner on microfibre, it ruins it. My mitt, towels and cloths get washed at 50C with Persil non bio - whenever herself wants to wash the microfibre cloths she uses for dusting etc!

You'd eventually get a cloth to recover if it was used with conditioner as it affects the absorbency of them. After a few washes without they'd most likely be ok.

I tend to whack em in the wash on a 50 with some non-Bio. Job done.

Having no experience and without the benefit of a miracle worker for my cloths, I stick what I have to hand - BIO and wash at 90 degrees.

Most here use NON bio - so I'm doing at least one thing wrong.

Can anyone tell me how to get a stain out of my crochet blanket please?

I tried Mumsnet but they were all out erecting scaffolding.

I hesitate to think what stain you might have in your crotch, John

I just stick mine in with my normal washing. Always come out fine

Dont use conditioner on any towels, car or bath.

I used to buy cheap ones, but then bought a really thick one from ECP for about 8 quid, I'll never touch a cheap one again.

I do just chuck it in the wash, along with my microfibre mitt, etc. all come out perfect. I don't know if we use conditioner or not, you'd have to ask her.

I did the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom