How/when did you meet your better half?

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
'Tis worse of you go to an orgy in Surrey - I've always found those Surrey girls so polite...

This time of year always has wife and I reminiscing about the past, as it was yesterday (the day before what she calls today, Holy Thursday, she's Irish catholic) that I finally got a sort of date with her - she was delivering a car back to our geologist's secretary after service when the steering failed, so was in our reception looking pale and shocked, so we took her across the road to the pub, later I took her for dinner at a nice pub then back for her to collect her car and go home). Next day I found out she was in hospital with a gum infection (don't ask!!) and the following day I headed off to Killarney with the lads and lasses, including my then GF, for the Irish Ralley weekend. About 6-8 weeks later we were engaged, and we've recently celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary - and there's lots of stories between those memories!

Met my Wife on October 31st some year or they other. Completely coincidentally married on October 31st many years later.

Did someone say omen ? Wish I'd listened :)
Spooky

I was drugged, hit over the head and taken to a dark cave somewhere!

We were matched up on a blind date. I was in a cycling club and my wife was in a running club. It happened that a friend at my cycling club had a sister who was a runner who was friends with my wife at the running club. This brother/sister combo thought we’d be a good match, and turns out we were! The spooky thing is, I think we were the third couple they had successfully matched up who got married!

I ended up doing a bit of running, marathons and such, and my wife got into cycling doing big sportIves and such. It works very well as I can go out on the bike all day and not get moaned at as my wife often comes as well. And I get to keep some bikes in the house, we even have two on the wall. Result!

In all seriousness, her mother told her to join a tennis club, as it would be a good place to meet a wealthy bachelor.

I was the incumbent men's captain at the time, and as such, was charged with 'playing-in' new members. Ooer!

That's where she got her claws into me!

No shame in repeating it was through this very forum!! @glojo will remember as it was at his Torquay GTG in 2007. So it's him I need to thank for helping me be so very happy :)
We know you’re very happy Steve but what about Sue? 🤔

😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom