How your car is perceived?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd say ours is perceived as a nice enough car. We get some nice comments on it. We dont get people wanting to race us but a flick of the right foot seems to put the odd tailgater a few car lengths behind.

Just move to France ..... they tailgate my Fiat Panda as much as the Jag and Merc.

And more than happy to meet you in the middle of the road on a blind bend in the country.

Indicators seem to be an optional extra, too, and solid white lines are just like a scalextric track .... for ploughing along.

I hate it when the missus is with me .... sedate driving is the order of the day. It's nice, occasionally, to press on a bit.

Stuart

When I owned a CL500 (215), on several occasions people came up close behind me to try to see what It was
since CL's are rare birds in Sweden. Then they passed and looked at the car from the outer lane. I never raced
anyone.

I have a Morgan-esque 3 wheeler, for some unknown reason folks tend to look at and point to it more than either of our other cars........

Never had too much of an issue tbh although some people get annoyed when a van goes smoking past them :):) they tend to be slightly different when I'm driving the CLK and want to race.. not gonna happen as there are too many speed cameras nr me...:wallbash:

I think people perceive my car exactly as I do! A tiny, pretty little thing that calls for a dog in an Yves Saint Laurent headscarf in the passenger seat next to "a lady of a certain age" in matching scarf and a pair of sunglasses... ;)

My car is never 'perceived' as anything because no one seems to know what it is , they just see a old (ish) bald bloke in 56 plate C class estate, in boring silver at that. It has no V8 badges on the front wings and unless you are a bit of a car fan C55 on the back will mean little to you. I always get very odd looks when I fire it up in the petrol station (stock exhaust) the yoof 'dem look around wondering where that rumble is coming from...Priceless.

Then I stomp on the pedal and the V8 5.4 wakes the F**K UP ! and off I go. It's a long way from the fastest car off the mark but the trick is to accelerate smartly along with the 'kid' in the 4 pot 'pocket rocket' (really ?) as he let's his guard down and changes into 2nd or even 3rd without getting into his (rather narrow) power band , its too late, I'm way ahead. But only until I arrive at the speed limit (officer) . Honest.

Had a bloke in front of me in a Golf Type R wondering WTF was that old Merc doing still very, very close in his rear view mirror after he had given it max from the lights. he never did find out. Even when he slowed on the dual carriage way I refused to pass him.

Had it been a wet and/or twisting road he would have buggered off into the distance of course, but at my age you only pick fights you know you can win...or at least draw. :p

I've only had mine a few weeks having come from a Boxster (no-one ever let me out of junctions). Now I seem to get glared at by older pedestrians as I burble past at 30 doing nothing wrong. Different cars definitely receive varying reactions both positive (which is great) and negative (which is odd).

I like to think I don't judge an driver by their car; rather their driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom