How ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rosie5golf

SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes e320 avant-garde estate
Hi all, another query.
Recently, I had a rodent eat its way into the rear n/s of my e320 estate. It chewed through all the wires, including the cable going to the n/s air suspension sensor. All that was repaired at a significant cost. Now, the o/s air bag has started to deflate and, on putting it on the star system, it shows a ground short circuit. So, in trying to save money, my question is, how do I remove the interior panels on the o/s of the boot to trace this wire ? It may be an easy fix of just repairing the cable and, all will work okay.

Hi all, another query.
Recently, I had a rodent eat its way into the rear n/s of my e320 estate. It chewed through all the wires, including the cable going to the n/s air suspension sensor. All that was repaired at a significant cost. Now, the o/s air bag has started to deflate and, on putting it on the star system, it shows a ground short circuit. So, in trying to save money, my question is, how do I remove the interior panels on the o/s of the boot to trace this wire ? It may be an easy fix of just repairing the cable and, all will work okay.
Most car panels are just held in by plastic clips. You may need to remove the door seal and carpet trim to remove other panels.

Buying a set of g trim removal tools is a good investment for levering and getting behind panels and to aid removal of clips etc.

You can also buy assorted replacement clips etc from eBay, Amazon etc. I bought a box of a couple of hundred different trim fixings for well under £10. A trim removal tool kit is a similar cost.

Ideally try to remove panels on a warm day as the plastics are more flexible. 👍

Most car panels are just held in by plastic clips. You may need to remove the door seal and carpet trim to remove other panels.

Buying a set of g trim removal tools is a good investment for levering and getting behind panels and to aid removal of clips etc.

You can also buy assorted replacement clips etc from eBay, Amazon etc. I bought a box of a couple of hundred different trim fixings for well under £10. A trim removal tool kit is a similar cost.

Ideally try to remove panels on a warm day as the plastics are more flexible. 👍
Thank you for the information.

A
If it's not a warm day, warm the bits your are tugging at with a hair dryer 👍
Are you still referring to the car? 🤔😂😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom