HOWTO: Attach Pictures to a Post

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sym

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Sport
See below :-

Attachments

• howto1.JPG
    howto1.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
Click on the Browse button,and choose the document you wish to attach from your PC.

Attachments

• howto2.JPG
    howto2.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:

Attachments

• howto3.JPG
    howto3.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Click the Upload Button, and then wait while the picture uploads, then click the "Close This Window" button.

All Done !

S.

Attachments

• howto4.JPG
    howto4.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Hope that helps !

sym said:
Hope that helps !

It is very helpful indeed.
Can I clarify - because I have a 'how to ' in preperation.

Does your method allow multi picture or mult-attachments OR will I fail because of file size?

NormanB

Norman

Yes to the multi picture attachments . . . . but I believe there is a limit per post - will need to check on this. Best to keep the file sizes as small as possible by using JPEG (.jpg) images wherever you can, and no larger than 640x480 to display easily on the screen, as all of these images take up valuable server space ;)

This method is fine if you need to attach something quickly, but ideally its better to link to your own webspace - there may be another HOWTO coming up on this subject soon, for those with no personal webspace at the moment.

S.

Sym,

Thanks, you came through as promised.

The problem I have is the file size. I don't knoe how to reduce them, soorry , (even sorry) to be such a technophobe :confused: . It will not upload my pics.

sym said:
Norman

Yes to the multi picture attachments . . . . but I believe there is a limit per post - will need to check on this. Best to keep the file sizes as small as possible by using JPEG (.jpg) images wherever you can, and no larger than 640x480 to display easily on the screen, as all of these images take up valuable server space ;)

This method is fine if you need to attach something quickly, but ideally its better to link to your own webspace - there may be another HOWTO coming up on this subject soon, for those with no personal webspace at the moment.

S.

Thanks for that - understood.

Sym,

PM me you email address.

TA

sym said:
- there may be another HOWTO coming up on this subject soon, for those with no personal webspace at the moment.

S.
Yes please Sym,i`ve just got my first digital camera and would like to know how to put pics in the gallery and my posts etc.

All,

I have had the same problem uploading images to a post:

1. You can browse to a folder but when you upload it it says that you do not have enough room-even if the file is 17K and you have never uploaded a picture before.

Thoughts....

Big_Stick said:
All,

I have had the same problem uploading images to a post:

1. You can browse to a folder but when you upload it it says that you do not have enough room-even if the file is 17K and you have never uploaded a picture before.

Thoughts....
Sounds odd.

There is a limit in the forum settings, but its higher than 17k ! What is the exact error message that you get ? Will ask an Admin to check your settings.

S.

Another go...

1. 'Sum of all attachments owned by Big_Stick: 0 Bytes'

2. Uploaded 70K file of my pride and joy. Upload worked OK for the first time ever (?).

3. Now I click 'Submit Reply' button and......yikes! didn't realise photo was so big..will edit/remove when I get a mo...sorry.

Attachments

• e55.jpg
    e55.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 139
Last edited by a moderator:
Big_Stick said:
1. 'Sum of all attachments owned by Big_Stick: 0 Bytes'

2. Uploaded 70K file of my pride and joy. Upload worked OK for the first time ever (?).

3. Now I click 'Submit Reply' button and......yikes! didn't realise photo was so big..will edit/remove when I get a mo...sorry.
ooh - posh car;) very nice - although looks a bit chilly:D

Resized it for you as well now . . . . I think we need some additional shots in the members gallery please !!! slurrrrrrp !

S.

Why my wife likes to drive the E55:

1. Does not need to be driven fast. Seriously.
2. NEVER EVER gets any bother from the BMW brigade.
3. NEVER EVER get any bother from the baseball cap brigade.
4. Ideal family car. Totally safe.

Why she does not like the E55:

1. Scares the kids when you start it.
2. Tricky parking at the nursery.
3. Magnet for vandal damage when parked at Tesco’s. So she goes to Waitrose instead.
4. ‘Too many gizmos’.
5. She is too embarrassed to put fuel in it ‘cos of the male ‘stare factor’.

Why I like the E55:

Absolute power. There is nothing else like it.

Attachments

• rear-3.jpg
    rear-3.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom