HT Lead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mobeyone

MB Enthusiast
Car
E280 S211
Spoke to my dealer this morning and they advised HT leads are cut to length and I would need to take the lead off and bring it in while they do it...

Seeing how i have had a very bad week, I dont even want to touch the engine of my car so is there anywhere i can buy the lead made ready for use?

cheers

no one have any experiance with changing ht leads on a w203?? and how they went about ordering them??

I should be able to help you out if you are stuck. My sister company is the largest manufacturer of HT leads in Europe!

But I thought on modern MB's they were direct or at least semi-direct ignition? What exactly are you after? Just a length of HT cable or the fittings too? I can supply a length of cable or a complete set probably cheaper than MB would want for answering the phone.

well!

I was advised by S&R motors that the ht lead had gone on my second cylinder - probably becasue of some heavy handed attempt by the mechanic who changed my plugs..

so to get by, he cut the shield of the lead and taped the crack up but told me to get this sorted asap.

Spoke to my dealer on monday and he told me the above. The lead itself runs from a coilpack(?) to the plug with a silver case at the plug end. I would need the fittings but it means having the leads removed, gettnig to the garage, waiting while they cut the lead up and then going back which is a lot of mither!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom