Huge floating crane

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB Enthusiast
Car
09 E320 cdi Sport Estate, 98 E300TD Estate, 99 SL 500
Hi

Some of you might be interested in the huge floating crane that is docked in Belfast just now.
To give you an idea of the scale the crane on the quay is a 1200t crawler.

DSC_2913_zpsfbbca406.jpg

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MBClub UK

I'd guess that's a jack-up crane barge used installing offshore wind turbines. Believe it or not, that's a small one compared to the semi-submersible crane barges used for offshore platform installation - things like Hereema's Balder. IIRC there's one kicking around that has 2 x 6000 ton capacity cranes on the aft end, does tandem lifts for topsides installations.

Last edited:
I'd guess that's a jack-up crane barge used installing offshore wind turbines. Believe it or not, that's a small one compared to the semi-submersible crane barges used for offshore platform installation - things like Hereema's Balder. IIRC there's one kicking around that has 2 x 6000 ton capacity cranes on the aft end, does tandem lifts for topsides installations.

BALDER - Vessel's Details and Current Position - 7710226 - 354721000

Hi

The yellow mast sections are 30m i think.

I was in charge of building this port facility.

Thankfully we finished in October well before this vessel arrived.:D

Hi

The yellow mast sections are 30m i think.

I was in charge of building this port facility.

Thankfully we finished in October well before this vessel arrived.:D

I saw you there a couple of times...my daughter works in Pilots View off Heron Road...and before she got her test...I was taxi. So...I watched as the facility was built over the last two years. Some nice cars parked there now.

So the massive crane that is on board can operate without the vessel listing or being affected by swell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom