Huge increase to service plan cost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayboy222

Car
Mercedes E63
Hi

The service plan on my W212 E63 ends this year, so I asked my local dealer for a quote on a renewal. I have for the last six years taken out a service plan on my car and paid betwwen £40-45 per month, so was taken a back when I was quoted £83 per month.

Any ideas on why it's increased so much?

It's a 2012 E63 with 49k and if extened on a three year plan, the services would be B,A,B.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi

The service plan on my W212 E63 ends this year, so I asked my local dealer for a quote on a renewal. I have for the last six years taken out a service plan on my car and paid betwwen £40-45 per month, so was taken a back when I was quoted £83 per month.

It's a 2012 E63 with 49k and if extened on a three year plan, the services would be B,A,B.

Thanks for any advice.
Hi , perhaps Mercedes quoted you incorrectly in the first place 6 years ago.My C207E400 costs me about 45 Stirling a month.

Sorry no other suggestion.

Hi

Thanks for any advice.
I signed up last month when I collected my 15 plate E63. I signed up to a 2 year deal and its £44 a month. The service rep gave me a copy of the pricing, I'll find it tomorrow and pop a picture up.

What price does the website quote you?
That's the thing, I can't seem to get a quote online as it says my car doesn't exist for some reason.

I signed up last month when I collected my 15 plate E63. I signed up to a 2 year deal and its £44 a month. The service rep gave me a copy of the pricing, I'll find it tomorrow and pop a picture up.
That sounds like the deal I was on. The annoying thing is that the mercedes website won't provide me with a quote.
Cheers.

I wonder if they’ve quoted for 2 services per year or something?

Yes, this is the cost for your car:

Screenshot-20230522-224004-Chrome.jpg

However, this price includes MOT (which the old plan didn't cover). But yes, it's still a substantial increase.

Last edited:
The price quoted sounds like its a 3 year plan (3 services) but paid over 2 years, not 3.
I paid £52 a month for a 3 year plan back in 2020.

Yes, this is the cost for your car:

Screenshot-20230522-224004-Chrome.jpg

However, this price includes MOT (which the old plan didn't cover). But yes, it's still a substantial increase.

Yeah was told that service plans now cover the cost of MOTs.

I also just found the price you did online but something is not quite right imo. I think that is based on a 3 year old E63 as you can't select an AMG older than 36 months old.

Yeah was told that service plans now cover the cost of MOTs.

I also just found the price you did online but something is not quite right imo. I think that is based on a 3 year old E63 as you can't select an AMG older than 36 months old.
For clarity mines a 2015 with 67k on the clock and will cover a B, A, service. If I recall for the 3rd year was about the same as I'm paying now.

Along with the MOT I was told that it also includes any "additional/advised" service work as an example next year's service has a recommendation of a Pan Roof at a cost of £100 odd pounds and being on a service plan this work is included in the price. Not sure if that was the service rep miss selling the product or not, I guess I'll find out next year.

For clarity mines a 2015 with 67k on the clock and will cover a B, A, service. If I recall for the 3rd year was about the same as I'm paying now.

Along with the MOT I was told that it also includes any "additional/advised" service work as an example next year's service has a recommendation of a Pan Roof at a cost of £100 odd pounds and being on a service plan this work is included in the price. Not sure if that was the service rep miss selling the product or not, I guess I'll find out next year.

The service plans include all additional work including transmission fluid changes and brake fluid too. Nevertheless still seems very expensive.

The renewal for our V220 has almost doubled too, the last plan was a two year, two service plan. Servicing on our V class is every 20k or every two years so the last plan covered four years and they gave us Mobilo too. This would have been part of the buying deal though..
Now the plan they want is is monthly for the term so really no good and way too expensive for what we would get.

The price for any e63 over 3 years old is £83 per month.

For my and any c63 over 3 years old the price is £58 per month.

1684824520660.png

It appears you got the pre price increase pricing.

I've been trying to arrange a service plan for a while now as the previous one has ended. Filled up the online form more than once, which Mercedes sends to the dealer to contact me & arrange. Arnold Clark, absolutely rubbish cannot be bothered contacting me. I have now given up. Unfortunately they have all the Mercedes franchises near me or I would never use them.

I see it unlikely to be good value at almost £1k per service visit if it only includes the scheduled items and MOT.

I would look around if you want to use MB. Some main dealer groups offer generous discounts on labour and parts for older vehicles, as well as reductions on MOT tests.

Eg with Sandown group in the OP’s example, 15% off stocked parts, 40% off labour and £20 MOT test :thumb:

I've been trying to arrange a service plan for a while now as the previous one has ended. Filled up the online form more than once, which Mercedes sends to the dealer to contact me & arrange. Arnold Clark, absolutely rubbish cannot be bothered contacting me. I have now given up. Unfortunately they have all the Mercedes franchises near me or I would never use them.
Had exactly the same experience....I don't think Merc are very good at online stuff from what I've seen.

I see it unlikely to be good value at almost £1k per service visit if it only includes the scheduled items and MOT.

I would look around if you want to use MB. Some main dealer groups offer generous discounts on labour and parts for older vehicles, as well as reductions on MOT tests.

Eg with Sandown group in the OP’s example, 15% off stocked parts, 40% off labour and £20 MOT test :thumb:

Completely agree. From my back of a fag packet calculations, I would be £800-900 worse off with a service plan at that price, than paying for three services on an ad hoc basis.

Appreciate the numbers maybe right, but I still think it's completely ridiculous that the price has doubled and my dealer could offer no explanation as to why. Looks like I'll be giving the service plan a miss, which is a shame as I thought it was a good deal for customers and dealers.

The best time to 'catch' a service plan (on most cars) is years 4-5-6:

Year 4 - Service B, brake fluid, air filter, spark plugs (if petrol), fuel filter (if Diesel)
Year 5 - Service A, ATF and filter (if automatic)
Year 6 - Service B, brake fluid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom