• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Huge increase to service plan cost

keep us posted. I can also try asking my sales guy if you don't get anywhere as he was pretty good when I bought my car
Sounds good to me if you could. Loughborough / Notts / Derby are all inchcape, not that a particular dealer franchise network should impact service plan quotes.

For those that aren't already aware, some dealers and/or groups used to, and may still, offer their own service plans alongside the MB UK ones, sometimes offering things such as 'free oil top-up' etc..

However, in the case of my local dealer it was slightly more expensive than MBUK's plan and they didn't initially volunteer that it was their own plan, only after I read the details and questioned it (this was whilst at the dealer, not online). One disadvantage was that the dealer's plan was only valid within their group, whereas MB's plan was UK-wide. Check you're comparing like with like.

I’ve been to a couple of dealers the last month or two and both quoted £82/month for my C63. Same as the website 🤷‍♂️

I’ve been to a couple of dealers the last month or two and both quoted £82/month for my C63. Same as the website 🤷‍♂️
How they can justify the price hike, who knows?!

I've been quoted £800 essentially for 2 services with my indi, vs about £800 per service with the service plan.

I won't be going with the plan and will pay as I go, with main dealer or failing that MB Centre Notts.

I’m sure someone on here told me that at certain times of the year (only once or twice a year) they do offer some discount. Possibly for Black Friday for example

Looking on the service plan website a c63 is more expensive to service (£82 per month) over 2 years than an AMG GTR or G63. Surely that can't be correct...

I'm thinking (as others maybe are) there's a pricing glitch and dealers are literally quoting verbatim what the system is generating, without even considering the price they're saying?

How they can justify the price hike, who knows?!

I've been quoted £800 essentially for 2 services with my indi, vs about £800 per service with the service plan.

I won't be going with the plan and will pay as I go, with main dealer or failing that MB Centre Notts.
Good job , that’s more like it .

I spoke to Vertu and apparently they have previously raised the price increase with Mercedes direct and they've just said that is the price... almost £1k per service with the plan, a joke.

I spoke to Vertu and apparently they have previously raised the price increase with Mercedes direct and they've just said that is the price... almost £1k per service with the plan, a joke.
Ha, well they'll soon find out that "the price" is not what people are willing to spend.

When I originally saw the cost, I assumed the A/B services would be considerably more expensive (£600/700) so the maths might work out, but after further investigation it's obvious that it's a rip off.

Just thought I'd add to the thread. E-Class (213) Estate - E 350 d 4MATIC Panroof. ServiceCare - 4 svcs & 4 MOTs and it's costing me £92pm x 24mths.

Question from me though, the car says its next service is due in 60 odd days but I have a long Euro drive coming in 30 days so think it might be beneficial to have it done beforehand. 1. Can I book it in that early? 2. should I book it in that early?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom