Hughes of Beaconsfield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MHT223

Car
N/A
My car was making a vibrating noise due to a gear box leak so booked it in for a check over as its under the original warranty.

I was told to bring my driving licence for the courtesy car and be there for 8am. I got there at 8am and there were three other people also there and we all waited out in the rain until the opened the doors. After watching us for a few minutes obviously.

Dropped off the keys and got the ones for the courtesy car, and they asked for my insurance papers. I said I wasn't asked to bring them, and they said in that case I'd have to go on their insurance at a cost of £10. I also asked them to look at the DVD player (built in to the COMAND for the rear screen) as the DVD kept freezing.

4:30pm comes round and I haven't heard anything from them so I ring and they say 'oh your car is here ready for you'. I expected at least a phone call to tell me it was ready, surely thats not unreasonable?

I go to pick it up and they said my DVD player wasn't covered because I'd had a non-MB digital upgrade carried out in the TV. It hasn't. What I think actually happened was that they played the DVD which was a recording of BBC News 24 which I'd made for someone I picked up from the airport when they came back from holiday. The clown, I mean 'technician' must have thought I had Freeview installed!

When I told them I didn't and it was all MB they said their electrical technician wasn't there so I'd have to rebook it anyway. I left them the keys to their A-Class (without paying them the tenner ;) ) and went.

It feels like I'm putting them out asking them to fix the problems with a 2 1/2 year old car that MB were happy to sell for £60k! I'm sick of their attitude, bunch of pompous p***ks in there! I dont know if its because of my age, or if all their customers get this level of treatment.

Oh and when I went to pick it up the service manager ignored me for a full 2 minutes despite me sitting at his desk, he just sat looking at his PC screen then turned round and said 'your car's coming'. I worked in a restaurant when I was doing my A-levels and while I was at uni, and the first thing they say is acknowledge the customer and at least say hello even if you're rushed of your feet. I felt like a nuisance, not a valued customer. I'll be looking to change to the new shape S-Class maybe next year. And I won't be going there!

Mark

I know what you mean - I had a foul experience being messed around just getting a new pair of numberplates from them (they walked off with and then misread the V5 and then sighed and moaned and tried to blame me when they made up the wrong reg plates) - as far as I'm concerned they ceased to exist from that point onwards.

In past couple of their employees (Technicians) have been very good to me and did me a favour...;)

They are good at trouble shooting and fixing problems though and have couple of very senior Foremans in their w/shop all the time during the week. They have in past carried out a lot of warranty work for customers that DC UK did not pay them for afterwards so are very strict on it now. My main dislike is that they always insist on re-booking your vehicle for another day even if you just drive out of the dealership and go back few minutes later to advise that problem has not been fully fixed/resolved.

I thought Hughes of Beaconsfield & Aylesbury were one of the better dealerships too.

Persistence is the key I think, with firm but polite management by you. Tell them your expectations and see if they can meet tthem. Tell them you will call for updates to avoid end of the day dissapointments.

Use Tony Purslows, in Basingstoke....have won dealership of the year awards 3 times.

Nice sales guys (speak to Nigel) , great service and NO I don't work for them.....they deserve the praise and we have bought 3 cars from them.

The day we were picking up my wife's second hand A210 there was a guy picking up a new CL500 and my wife got treated the same as the guy spending 6 times as much, ie flowers, champagne....excellent after sales service as well.

I'd give TP Basingstoke a thumbs up too! They've looked after me very well for servicing and I haven't even bought a car from them yet...

In fairness Greenoaks Ascot (Bracknell) have also been very very good to me...

MHT223 said:
I felt like a nuisance, not a valued customer. I'll be looking to change to the new shape S-Class maybe next year. And I won't be going there!
I really just don’t know how the dealers get away with treating people like that. Apart from the ignorance with which you were treated, they just seem to have no sense of the value of your time (never mind your potential future business). I’d be writing to DCUK and copying the dealer principal.

absolutely right. don't let them get away with it

My sister bought her C230 (V6) from Hughes of Beaconsfield last year. They were and continue to be excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom