Hungry Animals eat minibus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonysurf

Car
E Class Cab
Well, just thought that I would share this with you all. ABS light come up on school mini bus while taking the kids to Basket ball tourno on Saturday, had look round, brakes felt ok, carried on with journey. Had a look at bus in the morning, found a pool of brake fluid on the floor at the rear end, tried brakes nothing, foot on the floor. Had a look around , and found bits of cut cable on the ground. Got it towed in, garage reports back that rear brake pipes and ABS cable had been cut. Bl***y hell how did that happen, checked on the school's CCTV for Friday and Saturday, found the culprits, no not the usual suspects, but 2 gnawing Foxes.

Any ideas how to deter the critters from coming back, please bear in mind that this is a school car park, therefore I cannot use semi automatic weapons.

That could have resulted in a terrible accident, you and the children were very lucky you spotted the leak.

Well, just thought that I would share this with you all. ABS light come up on school mini bus while taking the kids to Basket ball tourno on Saturday, had look round, brakes felt ok, carried on with journey. Had a look at bus in the morning, found a pool of brake fluid on the floor at the rear end, tried brakes nothing, foot on the floor. Had a look around , and found bits of cut cable on the ground. Got it towed in, garage reports back that rear brake pipes and ABS cable had been cut. Bl***y hell how did that happen, checked on the school's CCTV for Friday and Saturday, found the culprits, no not the usual suspects, but 2 gnawing Foxes.

Any ideas how to deter the critters from coming back, please bear in mind that this is a school car park, therefore I cannot use semi automatic weapons.

There will have been an attraction to the vehicle, most likely food, check the inside incase there is some food giving off a smell luring them in.

Well, the smell of food, is what lures me to things like that...

Well spotted that man! many would not have, big pat on back!!

If you shout 'FOX OFF' at 'em that should stop it, it worked for my Dad when I was a lad, he was always shouting FOX OFF to things and they ran off ;)

Did they have good taste? Or was it a Convoy/Transit?

You could ask your local hunt to have a meet in the school car park.

They could chase the fox but are not allowed to kill it. You would then have to employ someone with a gun to shoot the cornered animal before the hounds "accidently" tear it apart. Or rather than a gun you could find someone with a trained large eagle who could despatch the fox after the chase.

Apparently it is good sport............:confused:

It will also benefit the countryside ................:confused:

:D

Just put some Cat-scat pellets down, that should deter them.

Apparently, according to the garage, the flexi brake pipes contain fish oil, and this must have attracted them. Gonig to the gardencentre today to buy some Lion Poo.

Gonig to the gardencentre today to buy some Lion Poo.
There's a great little scene in Spycatcher where the spies bung £50 to the Lion keeper at London Zoo for a bag of lion poop to scare off guard dogs at a house they want to burgle

Everything goes to plan until the dogs smell the lion poop. Having never smelt it in the wild they don't associate it with danger. In fact they love the smell and start rolling in it...

Nick Froome

Just go to B&Q and buy some "Cat Repellent"
Spray the underside of the bus and the parking spot with it.
You wont have any animals to worry about then.

Thanks for the ideas guys. We have sprayed the underside of the bus with repeller, amnd fixed a PIR fox Scarer to the wall where the bus is paked, hopefully they won't be back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom