Hunter hawkeye alignment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

magpiemalemerc

Car
C-class AMG premium line
I had my car alignment checked and recieved a print out much of which goes over my head.Some things in green boxes and red boxes my question is can you expect all the boxes to be green or is it to much to ask for generally ?

Magpiemalemerc

Hunter Hawkeye ?

Sounds somewhat like a vintage fighter :D

Take a pic and upload it

Does it depends what the tolerance on the alignment was?

I always take my own alignment figures for the Nissan rather than letting them use the ones from their database. - I haven't has to get the alignment adjusted on the CLK.
If they were comparing my settings with those from the database it would probably red on the front axle and green on the rear.

Did they not explain what's red and why?

Yes they did but i have seen other peoples experience of garages so I'm pessimistic the guy says its the toe in toe out that really matters unless your racing in f1.To get the other boxes in spec would require a strip down and put back together and it might still be out they say no car is properly aligned 100% off the forecourt.

7 Reds prior, 6 after adjustment - what did they do, just hit it with hammers?

They are meant to get everything green unless the chassis runs out of adjustment headroom.

I dont know about the C Class but on the CLS the only setting that is properly adjustable is the front toe in / out. The others (camber / castor) can be set , slightly, with the use of eccentric camber bolts which are available from the dealer.

As all these bolts are specific to models, or so i am told, there is no way a small outfit could keep every eccentric bolt for every car in stock.

I had mine in last week for the Hunter Alignment and during the pre-checks he noticed that there was a slight amount of play in the offside track rod end , he correctly pointed out that there was no point in doing the full alignment check until this was replaced, so it is booked back in next Tuesday now the TRE has been replaced.

Kenny

Thats what i was told too toe in toe out adjustment is the specific one to worry about.In an ideal world the boxes woukd be green but nothing is ideal and the mechanic said they are fractions

As above; without modifying the suspension with camber bolts etc, there's not much you can change other than toe-in.
Sometimes adjusting the toe-in can pull camber back in, but castor might require adjusting suspension mounting points.

What bike is that kenny.

It is a 2003 Kawasaki ZX12R.

006_zps34d358c0.jpg

Owned for around six years and has only covered 8k miles. I always liked them since they first came out and i think it is far more pleasing to the eye than the Busa. It is the second gen. models (2003>) which has added a few styling tweeks and engine "upgrades" from the first models.

A few "tested" numbers :

BHP - 180 (crank)
0 - 60 - 2.59s
Top speed is limited to 187mph
1/4 mile - 9.87s

Not bad for something that is 14 years old and cost the same as a decent set of alloys for the car.

Kenny

As above; without modifying the suspension with camber bolts etc, there's not much you can change other than toe-in.
Sometimes adjusting the toe-in can pull camber back in, but castor might require adjusting suspension mounting points.

But is it worth getting the caster and camber done ?
the car seems to handle ok apart from the hunter hawked read out in red boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom