hurricane in my car !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pepe

Car
c250 td 1998
After a while of not having much air coming out the air vents i decided to change my interior pollen filter, what a difference !! its now like a force ten gale out of the vents and the climate control actually works and gets the car to correct temp then decreases fan rather than going on to maximum and staying there. the old filter was black with sh1t and weighed about 4 times as much as the new one. ive not changed it in the two years ive had the car , but how often are they supposed to be changed ? Lookin forward to the summer when the air con will be loads better than this year. :bannana:

I think they recommend something stupid like every 2 years or something daft.

I must admit I change mine every 6 months or so, bit of an overkill but I suffer from a dust allergy so I like lots of clean air and pollen filters are cheap from my source!!

jimmy said:
I think they recommend something stupid like every 2 years or something daft.

I must admit I change mine every 6 months or so, bit of an overkill but I suffer from a dust allergy so I like lots of clean air and pollen filters are cheap from my source!!
Mine was changed on the recent B Service. About £20 if I remember correctly.

S.

Ooh, look what I just found: Ebay link

It's a carbon activated one too, will remove smells and odours. :D

pepe said:
...ive not changed it in the two years ive had the car , but how often are they supposed to be changed ? ...
AFAIK, the pollen filters are meant to be replaced at every service, both A's and B's.

S.

I don't know when the filter was last changed on my car, but I took it out for an inspection and it was only slightly dirty, it's not been serviced for a year. I put this down to the lovely, sweet-smelling, pure air of the north! :D

RichardM said:
Does anyone know if this is changed on a B server?

It's supposed to be but doesn't get done on company lease cars!

an ex mb technician told me that most techs that he worked with never bothered changing the pollen filter even if it was supposed to be done - too much effort to take the trim off!

Wonder how many ppl check if there pollen filter was actually changed or not..

i wont say which dealer he was at, but hes an old mate of george fraser....

Jay

Shude said:
The w208 CLK is very similar to the w202 c-class, so check this thread out: HOWTO: Pollen filter removal on a w202 (lots of pics)

A bit of bother removing the filter as it was full of all sorts, flys bugs dust, even some leaves in the box. I think it had never been chaged as it had a factory date sticker still on it. .....This is similar to a BM 325i, - highly qualified technician said that "pollen filters are not fitted to this model" although the car had been back 3 times by the previous owner for a 'weak fan'. On the BM service schedule it is a customer request item.

Makes you wonder about air filters etc.

topdown said:
Makes you wonder about air filters etc.
I know Whitefield change the airfilter because I took my green cotton one out and put the filthy oem one back in before a service. After the service I took the brand-new oem one out and put the green cotton one back in again :) .

On the next service I just told them to leave the airfilter alone :) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom