hydro dipping rims.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

didi w203

Car
merc C220 cdi w203 Coupe
My 17" wheels are in for a refurb. Now my mate is getting a hydro dipping do da thingy and said that I could be a guinea pig (the wheels) lol. Has anyone had this done on their wheels? And do ya think silver carbon effect would be nice? Or do I stick with standard silver?

From what I can understand the film is transparent and the carbon is available in several grades ghost to all out carbon, I've been toying with having the grill and air box done the final finish gloss, satin or matt is the final lacquer finish. The wheel on show did have a couple of areas where the film had " stretched" but you had to look closely to spot it on a " ghost carbon " film. if its you friends first go then I suggest getting an old wheel to try it out first ( your spare perhaps ).

HTH

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. It will be his second attempt as he tried last year. I have a spare vauxhall set I will take down tomoz. Hopefully they turn out great if not back to standard me finks. I was also thinking as you were and do the front grill but only had it resprayed the same colour as the car recently. If it's free then maybe. If the wheels are dipped I will post pics up for sure.

I didn't go for wheel dipping, just a refurb in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom