hypocrisy, children, tv, facepalm, youtube.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
my wife, who, luckily never frequents this forum, has some obsession with online tv. its on before she gets out of bed, and on, on the pillow, as she goes to sleep. every day.

she also says to our 5yr old son that he cant watch tv until after dinner (7 to 730pm with a bed time of 8ish pm) which i basically agree with....... until she has the feckkkkkking tv on her tablet. watching rubbish like 'house' or 'the good wife'.... sometimes during dinner. or looking at facepalm during dinner.

if i mention it, im shot down. 'its only 5 minutes'..... um, try 18 hours.....

tonight shes showering sprog, yet i can hear the tv upstairs from her tablet, but shes supposed to be showering sprog?

how can i tackle this? even the aupair has commented....its not healthy.

The Good Wife is awesome TV produced by Ridley Scott, you could congratulate her on her excellent choice and join her but insist you view on the full size device, cuddle up with a nice mug of drink or stronger beverage.
Mind you my wife is similar, she tells me she is turning in early as she is tired but when I go up TOWIE is on.

guydewdney said:
aupair bats for the other side, which is a pity as shes quite pretty , blonde, 20, german.....

I do hope your wife doesn't read this, maybe you saying things like that in apparent seriousness are part of you and your wife's problem.

I'd go to relate

Like most unreasonable behaviour in a marriage, it's not the actual behaviour that's the problem, it's just a symptom of something she's unhappy with but unwilling to face.

Dig deep enough (good luck with that!) and the real reason she finds the screen so much more interesting than real life will become apparent.

Be careful setting off along that path though, you should be prepared to find out things you might not want to hear..

Of course, there's nothing even remotely passable with my marriage, so you should probably ignore all the above...

she thinks the aupair is pretty, german and 20 too.... lol....

shes been much better the last few days, maybe its a monthly thing and im a grumpy fecker.

aupair bats for the other side, which is a pity as shes quite pretty , blonde, 20, german....

she thinks the aupair is pretty, german and 20 too.... lol....

Maybe she fancies the au pair. Ask if you can watch. Always a good opening line.

Druk said:
Maybe she fancies the au pair. Ask if you can watch. Always a good opening line.
It's rude to watch. Participation shows that you care.

I'd put up with that for about 5 seconds.

Talk to her. Communicate, put your foot down. Throw the iPad out, turn off the wifi.

BlackC55 said:
I'd put up with that for about 5 seconds. Talk to her. Communicate, put your foot down. Throw the iPad out, turn off the wifi.

And now the little lady is doing just what you want..........

TBH it's all the talking that I'm trying to avoid, I encourage the Missus to watch TV, It's a welcome break from all the talking.

I used to work with a chap who explained some rules to his girlfriend when she moved in with him, one was 'no talking after 7pm'.

TBH it's all the talking that I'm trying to avoid, I encourage the Missus to watch TV, It's a welcome break from all the talking.

I used to work with a chap who explained some rules to his girlfriend when she moved in with him, one was 'no talking after 7pm'.

My first laugh of the day :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom