Hyundai offer. Might be fun if you have kids.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
Received a flyer today. Book a free day at a safari park with kids and drive a Hyundai i40 tourer.

Not for me but if you're looking for a day out with kids in summer might be an idea.

Explore More | Hyundai i40 for more details and to book a place.

Hope it's not a waste if time. So do enjoy.

Excellent- just booked for Woburn Abbey and don't even have to risk the Mercedes in with the animals!

Many many thanks Crockers that click saved me £80!

Thanks Crockers - I've booked Woburn Abbey on 21/08.

Hyundai will be curious why there are so many Mercedes owners interested in their cars. If they unsuccessfully go chasing MB, BMW, Audi, Lexus, et al then it's all your fault Crockers!!

Thanks Crockers - I've booked Woburn Abbey on 21/08.

Hyundai will be curious why there are so many Mercedes owners interested in their cars. If they unsuccessfully go chasing MB, BMW, Audi, Lexus, et al then it's all your fault Crockers!!

We have too! We're booked at the earlier time slot they offered - so I may see you there...

LOL 3 silver w203s all turning up to a Hyundai event!

Thank you, got mine booked for 22/08, for 10.00am, I may get a chance to meet some of you too :)

LOL 3 silver w203s all turning up to a Hyundai event!

I think I'll take the BMW then so it doesn't look too obvious as an MB meet ;)

Anyone got a Lexus or Audi to bring along to make up the numbers? Hyundai will be most impressed with their potential target customers!

Enjoy it guys- oh don't forget to give a write up on the i40. :D.

let us know how you get on, booked for Tuesday!

let us know how you get on, booked for Tuesday!

We had a great day. We left at 8.30am and got there just after 10. We went to the Hyundai Hub(!) and signed in (You need the counterpart of your driving licence as well as the photo bit!).

We were allocated a car at 12.15 so we went and did the foot safari first which was fun:)

Tip take a picnic-sample prices in their eatery:scone was £3.30 Tea £1.90

I have to say that the Hyundai i40 Tourer premium which we had was a heck of a lot of car for £25k. Leather, memory, electric seats, heated seats, "comand", reversing camers (needed). in fact based on driving it at slow speeds for 90 mins I'd say it was a good capable car and if I won one I'd be pleased and wouldn't sell it.

The animals were obviously great, especially the monkeys. 3 of my 130 snaps to follow:) Many thanks Crockers:bannana:

Last edited:
Crockers, thank you once more for tipping me off about this. I mentioned it at work and there are probably half a dozen going at some point over the coming weeks.

Not long got back from our trip to Woburn. Had a great day.

We had a white top-of-the-range auto diesel with pretty much everything on it including leather and a panoramic roof. I think they all had reversing cameras. Ours didn't have the branding on the side either. A very impressive car, which changed my perceptions of the brand. I really wouldn't fancy spending £26k on one though. :eek:

Thanks once more!!

we did this at Knowsley today and whilst they are nice cars the build quality is still a bit ropey, especially the exterior door handles whch felt very loose and flimsy.

But still not bad for a free day out :thumb:

Daz

Not sure if it was in the forefront of my mind, but there did seem to be a disproportional amount of Mercedes kicking around.

Upon arrival at Woburn guests of Hyundai go through lane 1 - there were just three cars in the queue: the Dazzlers in an ML, ahead of us an R-Class, and in front of that an A-Class.

Many thanks Crockers for posting the link and letting us all know.

We had a fantastic day out yesterday with our two girls (4 & 1).

As R2 & Bobby have said, the i40 itself was actually pretty impressive (based upon the limits you can test a car in a Safari park :D).

Many of the cars they had were the top of the range Premium model. The one we had was a white manual diesel also with a massive spec (heated leather seats, touchscreen satnav, keyless start, panoramic roof and the reversing camera).

It's interesting that Benzmanc mentioned about the door handles being flimsy. My 4 year old daughter was able to open the rear door by herself (from the outside thankfully) - however, she struggles to do that on the Merc & BMW as their handles are a lot stiffer / firmer.

The kids really enjoyed the panoramic roof, it really lifted the feeling of the interior. I can see this car selling pretty well, it's a decent value proposition and the 5 year warranty will be compelling to many prospective buyers.

If you put badge snobbery & heritage aside it's an impressive result from the company that introduced the basic Pony into the UK about 25 years ago. I guess time will tell how durable the entire package is. As BobbyD has said I wouldn't pay the £26k new - but it would interesting to see how they depreciate. It may even become popular with fleet departments and company car drivers if they manage to get into that market as the BIK rates look interesting.

It was our first time at Woburn and it turned out to be a fantastic day out, the weather turned out to be really pleasant in the afternoon. My 4 year old had a great time.

Crockers - thanks once again!

The fact that we all thought "actually this isn't a bad car" is pretty impressive really isn't it. If MB customers think it is good then other marques may be very keen. Like AA said 2 years time and the residual value could make these look like a great buy.

The fact that we all thought "actually this isn't a bad car" is pretty impressive really isn't it. If MB customers think it is good then other marques may be very keen. Like AA said 2 years time and the residual value could make these look like a great buy.

Very true - it shows how far they've come. If you're coming from a Nissan / Toyota / Ford / Vauxhall etc then I think it would very difficult choosing between them, in fact I think I'd prefer the Hyundai (in terms of value) - I really do think Hyundai will do really well with this car.

^^ well said

Daz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom