I’m back too...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Carrotchomper

MB Enthusiast
Car
C207 E350 CDI coupe
Hi folks,

First joined MBClub a VERY long time ago when I was thinking about buying a CLK. Never quite got round to it, but since then I’ve had an Audi A8, Mazda MX5, BMW E36 M3 and latterly a Volvo V70 D5.

Recently started looking at cars to replace the Volvo, initially thought about an A5 3.0 TDi but then got to looking at E350CDI coupes and thought they looked ace. I’m finally back in the fold now!

Took a punt last week on a really non-detailed eBay and found myself driving straight down to Newton Abbot. Car had been hardly used for the last year due to the horrendous track down to the owner’s new barn conversion...

...it’s an absolute minter. 2009 Sport, 121k with full history (no book, but prints) and one owner. Loads of options including AMG pack, dynamic suspension, posh lights, absolutely pukka. Didn’t need to be asked twice, left a deposit and picked it up Thurs.

Not perfect... wheels badly need a refurb, and the Jinyu tyres on the back are awful. I think the front callipers and handbrake still need freeing off a little, but they’re almost there. Last invoice in July 2018 for £3500 of work, which is nice. I negotiated the price down to not much more than that ;)

Getting used to RWD again, but what a lovely drive !

3EEEEF57-5463-4DD9-A7E6-556727CE3310.jpeg
5618ACE0-CC1D-4D99-A37C-5807C5B579F1.jpeg
76A98B61-B841-4A8E-A47A-F38568AE8B30.jpeg

Lovely motor.

The E-Class Couoe (C207) is based on the C-Class Saloon (W204) but with the luxury level and engine range of the larger E-Class. The lighter chassis makes for a very agile car and a sporty drive.

Also, the car will have COMAND NTG4. You might want to consider a firmware upgrade (which will add the 7-digit postcode to Navigation), and a maps update (set of DVDs - no PIN required)

Welcome, back, the C207 is a lovely motor!
:) 👍

Nice. Out of interest what does Dynamic Suspension give you? Is it adjustable dampers?

Very nice & amazing value. Decent boots for the rear of that beast would be on my shopping list too with all the torque they have to put down! Even my CLK 270 cdi has no trouble spinning its goodyears in the wet.

Blast from the past! Things have changed a bit round here, but welcome back.

Cheers,

Gaz

Lovely drive to work this morning. Really appreciated a bit of heated seats...
and I’ve got adaptive headlights (automatic high beam). That’s a great bonus!
If you live in Bristol you have an Indy in Clevedon , near Bristol . Steve at Avantgarde Mercedes , in case you get stuck with anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom