I’ve been offered a new C63AMG, thoughts please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

loveday

Car
Brabus 450 Widestar,XKR,XFR & CLC180
Hi all,
I need your opinions on a deal that has come my way, I received a telephone call from a Mercedes dealership on Monday to say that they will be receiving a brand new C63 AMG 125 edition saloon next Wednesday 17th August and if I want the car it would be ready for collection on Saturday 20th august its colour is magnetite black with designo X10 sand leather and with the following options, reverse camera, harmon kardon,telephone pre wiring and 19” AMG multi spoke wheels plus the command as standard, the value of this car OTR would be £57,520.00.

Now this is the deal that they are offering me, they said that I could have the car for £56,000.00 so that makes a discount of £1,520.00 (not much I know on a brand new car) however they gave me a PX valuation on my car for £43,000.00 whereas 5 other dealerships have only offered me £38,000.00 against their cars, so this dealership in particular is willing to give me an extra £5,000.00 over and above what the other dealerships have offered, plus with me only putting down a £1,000.00 deposit the repayments are £50.00 per month cheaper than what I currently pay now on my 2010 C63, so I could have a brand new C63 AMG by the end of next week.

So I just wondered what your thoughts are?, would I be insane to PX my almost fully loaded 2010 C63 for a brand new C63 that hasn’t got as many extras as mine but is newer and a bit cheaper each month.

I forgot to mention my car has the following extras, carbon fibre trim, AMG differential lock, command, rear side blinds, rear electric blind, harmon kardon, DAB radio, alcantara steering wheel, 19” AMG multi spoke wheels, reversing camera, telephone pre wiring, heated screen wash system, privacy glass & park tronic.

So I would appreciate any thoughts on this deal is it a good deal or a bad deal:dk:

If you chose those extras yourself, at some point you'll be sat there going "Hmm...wish I still had..."

I wouldn't bother.

Doesn't sound like a no brainer, even with the £5k PX premium.

It sounds like you would just be doing the equivalent of extending your current deal by 12/18 months. The £50 reduction in payments probably reflects the lack of the options you specified on your current car.

Comes down to whether you want a newer car by 12/18 months which I assume is facelifted, or the extras you have.

If the new C63 is the same cost as the old one, why not?

You get the revised (much better) dashboard, and the highly rated MCT transmission.

You lose the rear diff.

Effectivly if you put down another £1k deposit then the repayments are the same for the next 20 months:dk:
So given that with a PCP the residual value is not your concern, which car to you prefer for the next couple of years?
I assume yours is hardly 'worn out' already!:D

it didn't sound too bad to me, considering you're getting face lift model, new dash design, and a new MCT gearbox.

I guess your current car might need a service and a set of rear tyres soon :D

Thanks for the comments guys, I’ve just spoken with another 2 dealerships and there does not seem to be any great deals out there or many new C63 AMGS, Bromley Mercedes just offered me a bog standard C63 with no extras for £56,000.00 so for the same money I could have the one with the extras that I have mentioned.
With my present finance deal I borrowed £51,000 and I pay just under £1,000 PCM over 36months with a GFV, the dealership that’s doing the deal has told me that (he has worked the figures maybe this is another word for fiddling) and the finance figures for the new car are as follows, car £56,000 less £1k deposit total to finance £55,000 with a GFV the monthly amount is £955 PCM.
As for all the extras in my current car I didn’t choose them as I bought this as an ex demo, so not sure what to do.

Hi kinaero, the dealership gave me the option that it can registered now or for the 1st September the choice is mine

Hi kinaero, the dealership gave me the option that it can registered now or for the 1st September the choice is mine

Without affecting your P/X value? Might be worth checking.

Did they call you out of the blue?

If so, then they may have a buyer lined up for yours, or they're desperate to move it on. If either is true, you might still have some way to go in terms of negotiating. ;)

I would just play it cool until the month end......if they sell it to someone else the decision is made for you. I would expect if the car is not sold by Tuesday 30.08.11 you should be able to negotiate the best possible deal because August will be slow for them and they will be seeking to improve their August registrations.
What they are offering at present is not good enough. The gap needs to be closed by at least another £2k

Mic

Without affecting your P/X value? Might be worth checking.

Did they call you out of the blue?

If so, then they may have a buyer lined up for yours, or they're desperate to move it on. If either is true, you might still have some way to go in terms of negotiating. ;)

Hi, yes they called me out the blue, they said that because I’ve bought 2 Mercedes from them in the past they would look after me (probably more salesman bull) however I have just had a call from Bromley Mercedes to say that there is a similar C63AMG ready to be delivered to UK and I could have that for £55,500 same spec as the one I’m interested in, so it seems like the deal are starting to slowly come through!!!

Not having those extras that yours does will take its toll on me personally every time I got in it. I'm also not the kind've person that worries about the age of a car, 2010/2011 makes no difference.

The bottom line is you are going to pay £1000 imediately, and your monthly repayments will be reduced by £50 (which will take 20 months to realise the £1000 you put in, and by the time the car would have depreciated anyway), for a car less equipped than your current.

But as a car lover and a pure driver enthusiast i'd do it just for the new transmission... I prefer manual on a sports car. Depends what your priorities are.

What's the angle?
1. they have been stuck with a cancelled order
2. someone has walked in to MB with £45K-ish for a used fully loaded C63 (yours!)
3. you are beyond awesome and the corporate giant Mercedes is doing you a favour....

IMHO most of the time the truth can normally be found with a mix of the available options!

Put the 5K into you car and pay less a month, is that worth doing? or does that just sink into the deprication

I don't really understand deprication when applied to Mercedes cars it seems to work in an odd way so would you be better off spending this 5-6K on the new car?

where do the projected values of both cars fall in another 24-36 months or at the end of the purchase agreements?

It could just be a Maths based choice and you have a newer C63. new dash and gearbox etc
I'm bound to learn something here, lol

I'd be tempted to go for it but the spec of your current one sounds awesome.

Push to get more off the price, saving £50 month isn't much when your current lease cost is £1k / month

What's the angle?

where do the projected values of both cars fall in another 24-36 months or at the end of the purchase agreements?

It could just be a Maths based choice and you have a newer C63. new dash and gearbox etc

This is the key for me. Personally, I wouldn't bother and suspect a cancelled order. BUT if you really must, then:

You need to share the GFV and the APR for both cars to see what the real cost is for you. The maths should justify (or overturn) the temptation for a change. That cost is to justify handing over an already fully loaded C63 for a lightly loaded (but MCT'd) C63.

You can get every option being offered to you now at the end of your current deal. So what's the rush if the numbers don't justify a sudden change?

I'd be tempted to go for it but the spec of your current one sounds awesome.

Push to get more off the price, saving £50 month isn't much when your current lease cost is £1k / month

A Avantgarde, Isn’t it about time you upgraded to a fully spect C63 AMG if so I know where there is a gorgeous one:thumb:

A Avantgarde, Isn’t it about time you upgraded to a fully spect C63 AMG if so I know where there is a gorgeous one:thumb:

Hmmm, that's why I was trying to stay out of this one :D

I'd like to think that a C63 would feature on our driveway soon but unfortunatley not right now...

1.5 months till the end of their financial term, deals will come through to make the sales look good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom