I always thought he was normal.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Soapbox alert*

I'm anti royal, and I share the views of the following link...

Is there any point in the Royal Family? | Joey Barton

Sent using a tin can on the end of a string

So a man being paid circa £2 Million a year for kicking around a leather bag full of air questions the monarchy's existence on the grounds that they are "wealthy without lifting a finger".

Is there an irony emoticon?

Does Mr Barton look like a black pot by any chance?

So I counter Mr Barton's question with "Is there any point in Joey Barton?"

Last edited:
So a man being paid circa £2 Million a year for kicking around a leather bag full of air questions the monarchy's existence on the grounds that they are "wealthy without lifting a finger".

Is there an irony emoticon?

Does Mr Barton look like a black pot by any chance?

So I counter Mr Barton's question with "Is there any point in Joey Barton?"

He's entitled to his opinion just like you. And football happens to be the most popular sport in the world.

He's entitled to his opinion just like you. And football happens to be the most popular sport in the world.

Just because it's the most popular doesn't mean one players opinion means anything.

I haven't read either links so I shouldn't comment :fail:D

From what I've read, Joey Barton is the perfect role model for today's youth....

Or maybe not

Is this the same Joey Barton that stubbed out a cigar on his own teammate at Man City?

The same Joey Barton sent to prison for assault?

The Joey Barton that was suspended from Rangers for a racist remark?

The same Joey Barton that has just receieved an 18 month ban for illegal gambling on football results, some of which he was playing in?

I wouldn't take any notice of his opinion I'm afraid although everyone is entitles to one.
He is a wrong 'un.

Last edited:
Is this the same Joey Barton that stubbed out a cigar on his own teammate at Man City?

The same Joey Barton that has just receieved an 18 month for illegal gambling on football results, some of which he was playing in?

I wouldn't take any notice of his opinion I'm afraid although everyone is entitles to one.

He is a wrong 'un.

The fact it's Joey Barton is irrelevant to me. I just happen to agree with him. And it saved me typing out a spiel.

^Fair enough. I think you are in a minority though.

Doesn`t matter who said it, it`s right. The lot of them are a drain on the country. Royalty is nothing but an antiquated tradition.

Doesn`t matter who said it, it`s right. The lot of them are a drain on the country. Royalty is nothing but an antiquated tradition.

You prefer a President, despite the tourism wealth brought into the country V the cost of maintaining the Royalty?

The only thing I would agree is that apart from The Queen, and the Duke of Edinburgh, nobody else should get a sizeable free income for life from the taxpayer.

What an unpleasant thread. Probably not what the OP intended.

Well I think the Queen whatever you think of the Royals etc, has dedicated her life to this country, so I personally admire and respect her, She is never going to be replaced as such with someone with as much dedication and commitment, she is certainly the last one of her kind, and had a dignity about her that is unrivalled and will never be bested.

As to the others well , not too sure-I've had plenty of rows in the past about Lady Di I know that much :)

But Tourists absolute love them, and anything that seems to be linked to them- Big spending ones love all that Pomp and Parade stuff they really do, We have got a History that they adore and want a part of, half of Scotland would be screwed if people didn't have an interest in Royalty /Castles and who can forget -Tartan:)

Football and its stars I Know is like a religion to most people (not me) .

But the fact that children can make a ball from plastic bags and ingenuity and have fun anyware and potentially get out of Poverty is amazing and deserves 'The Beautiful Game' title.

Unfortunately the money and inevitable corruption that follows just means I have no interest in ANYTHING about it or what any of the players say or do.

However , my Nephew plays for some junior team In London and is Obsessed with ****nal though , which, like many people I know that adore football and their teams with utter passion , is fine by me :)

The royal family is as much a part of Britain as football, rugby cricket or any other national sport or pastime. I've met a few anti-royaliats and although they usually hang their argument on financial cost, they rarely seem to come up with a convincing alternative. The 3-way balance of monarch, upper and lower house has been serving the country rather well.....for centuries.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* 2017 W222 S350d SWB AMG Line Premium Plus
* Ashford, Kent & Mons, Belgium
Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

The same Joey Barton that has just receieved an 18 month ban for illegal gambling on football results, some of which he was playing in?

He is a wrong 'un.

Woooooow stop the bus !!!

While I'm not a fan of Joey Barton, that is simply not true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom