I am Chroming my engine bay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benny

Car
CLK230K Cab + Skyline R32
I dont know any of your thoughts on engine Chroming but ive started to do mine, not very good pic's but will get some more soon as ive cleaned the ass out of it.

The bits so far...

Attachments

• MBClubEngine (1).JPG
    MBClubEngine (1).JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 592
  • MBClubEngine (2).JPG
    MBClubEngine (2).JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 577
  • MBClubEngine (3).JPG
    MBClubEngine (3).JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 574
I like it :D .I did some small things on my old c class that were similar.I never went any futher tho because of the expense,I could have made the water containers and covers myself to make it cheaper but could never really be ars**.

I'm not a huge fan of chrome, but that looks great!

The metal will be easier to clean than the plastic too, most of my engine bay has a fine layer of sticky, oily stuff on it and it won't come off easily.

Shude said:
that looks great!

The metal will be easier to clean than the plastic too, most of my engine bay has a fine layer of sticky, oily stuff on it and it won't come off easily.

ditto;)

I too am not a fan of chrome, But that does look great. How far do you intend to go with the chroming?

PS. Don't get carried away and chrome the steering wheel:p

wow dude that a serious MOD *faints* wish i had the ££ to do something like that

I've never been a huge fan of stick on shiney bits to be honest, always thought they were the easy way out of cleaning and could look a bit tacky expecially if taken too far.

Each to their own though, would be interesting to see a shot of the complete engine bay though.

Going to be doing quite a bit with more samco hoses also! It is only polished alloy but i love it, except cleaning it.
Vips ---> Not gonna Chrome the steering wheel but did see a sweet aftermarket one that would look really really good but i like my airbag too much (purely for sleeping on)

More photo's will be posted soon

Looks spoton

a company who specialize in this feild costume made them for me! (edited)

Last edited:
well give us all the company details

Spec-r Melksham Wiltshire Costume Made Though So They'll Have To Have Your Car, Unless Its The Same As Mine I'll Lend Em Mine For You! And They Will Mail It!

Looks nice keep up the good work

And also don't forget this thread is 18 months old! and Benny has not been here since last September :crazy:

hmmm I am not sure.... I have a feeling some bits will look good but overall I suspect it might look like something out of Pimp My Ride

The trouble is the engine bay will look better than the car itself after a while!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom