I am driving a Beetle...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tasn1

Car
W208 CLK55 AMG
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/members/tasn1-albums-james-my-colleagues-horrible-beetle.html

James, my colleague`s VW Beetle was up for a service buut he needed a car to go to Cardiff, so we called our insurance companies etc, so he borrowed my car.
I have driven my mates "horrible" beetle for a couple of days. It is just a "little" bit faster than my baby. Its got a softer suspension (he`s a bit older you know...). It`s common. It has a dull exhaust note. It has a manual gearbox (can you imagine in this day and age!). It does 29mpg (cheapskate...mine averages 17mpg!). I hate it so much...unfortunately he called to say it is going to take him longer to finish he`s project (another 3 days...thanks to the weather!). What a shame (rear wheel drive...in icy Wales. Aaah well...I will have to be stuck with the Beetle for a few more days. Only helping a mate. Anytime James!:devil:

I know it's not what you meant, but I saw my first "New" Beetle on the road last week. It looks good. Much better than the previous version.

I know it's not what you meant, but I saw my first "New" Beetle on the road last week. It looks good. Much better than the previous version.

I agree! I work in and around the Notting Hill Gate area, I see a few new "Beetles" they are cute little things!

Dieselman said:

Agree but the Sirroco is still the small VW coupe to get IMHO

I have TW0 8UGS on retention, if you know anyone that would like some ironic plates!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom